• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blizzard Bonafides...still BAD to the BONE!

TS
locknload

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Both the Enforcer 88 and Brahma cover the same general turf, but I've read (maybe on Blister) that if your emphasis is off-piste, go Enforcer. If it's on-piste, go Brahma.

Once you decide, let us know. We stand ready to help you in purchasing the next narrower ski for your quiver.

Really, we're here to help! :ogbiggrin:
Indeed....the "help" provide here is always some version of "you should definitely buy a ski...of that there is no doubt. Now....let us help you figure out which one to buy so we can get intel on our next purchase"! :golfclap: Love it....its great to share the passion, joy and addiction with a bunch of other people who dump way tooo much money into this pursuit as I do.

There has been some great insight here on this thread...heading to Mammoth this weekend and the best outcome will be if I can demo both of them.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
if your emphasis is off-piste, go Enforcer. If it's on-piste, go Brahma.

This! Both great skis but the Enforcers increased taper and more progressive mounting point helps in soft snow and off piste vs the less tapered Brahma which will have better edge hold.
Kendo 88 kind of in-between these two in a lighter package and their 3D turn radius that gives it the highest top end of the three if high speed capability is a concern.

Another ski that @anders_nor and I have discovered if someone wants a ski that has a feel similar to the Bonafide 97 but more playful off piste and still more powerful than the Enforcer 104 is the 2021 Faction Candide CT 2.0. Exact same weight and flex to the Bonafide 97 but with more tail splay(still less than the E104 and less loose tail) and a longer turning radius(20m in the 183cm). The Faction are insanely damp and their suspension in crud is incredible. Built at the Fisher plant so very well built too. Not going to have the float of the Enforcer 104 as the tips aren’t as wide but does okay.
Loved them so much I bought the wider(112mm) CT 3.0 and they are incredible too.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
the faction 2.0 and 3.0 of 2021 are BEEFY carvers for sure, the 3.0 beeing 112 is probably the best carver amongst even most 100mm skis :eek:

I bought another pair of 2.0's to mount a bit more back to drive shovels more, and also Im doubting they will ever make something as beefy again, I think they were 2430 grams on the scale per ski :eek:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Im doubting they will ever make something as beefy again

I asked Faction about the 2022 versions and they are replacing that titanal sheet above the base on CT 1.0 and CT 2.0 for rail abuse with a carbon weave sheet instead. So maybe a hair lighter and a hair less damp but I’m not as crazy about the graphics and like this years better. Think the 3.0 is unchanged for next year.

Sponsor

Staff online