• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

James

Out There
Instructor
^ That screams 1980’s almost as much as a K car. I wonder if it had a drill used on the odometer at some point to rewind it.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
Unless someone completely re-did the interior (and why would they?) I can believe that that car has been hardly used.
Sure. Maybe it broke or was disconnected.
I once had a problem with my speedo take off fitting. I probably did 3-5k miles before I fixed it. Highway speed 3k rpm =90mph, 2k= 60. Around town was, “I don’t know is on third”
Weirdly, the tach input was off the alternator. It did provide warning once, the belt just broke as the tach went to zero while driving.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Look at the gas filler neck....looks new. If it had a ton of miles, it would be all scratched up.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One day left, and this very low mileage, one owner, well-serviced 2005 G35 6MT is looking well below what they are selling for elsewhere:

If you are looking for a fun, fast, and reliable RWD manual car, that's hard to beat for the money. It's a fancied-up 350Z. I put 150K+ miles on a 2003 and now have a 2008 (both sedans) as my daily driver, and they put a smile on my face every day.

I'm curious about what happens when the reserve is not met. The C&B FAQ says the owner and top bidder are put in contact to try to make a deal.

Does anyone know if the reserve price is revealed to the top bidder, and is the owner still required to sell at the reserve price? I wonder if trying to be the top bidder when the reserve likely won't be met is a good strategy.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm curious about what happens when the reserve is not met. The B&B FAQ says the owner and top bidder are put in contact to try to make a deal.

Does anyone know if the reserve price is revealed to the top bidder, and is the owner still required to sell at the reserve price?
I know when I had my car on BaT we were encouraged NOT to share the reserve even when we were past it. Not sure what the reserve is here but this is one helluva a car and even in the teens it is a great value and is a better value that everything new at twice its price.

If I was looking for a third car, this would be on my short short list.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is immaculate...

We had two if these, a 78 3 door and a 81 5 door with the fold back sunroof. They were fun cars to zip around in we actually did a little soft roading in the 5 door.

James

Out There
Instructor
This is immaculate...

We had two if these, a 78 3 door and a 81 5 door with the fold back sunroof. They were fun cars to zip around in we actually did a little soft roading in the 5 door.
Another classic of early 80’s design. It’s like they designed it around the square head lights.
IMG_1045.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online