• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn! Nice car. Those were a solid option to the more ubiquitous 4-Runner and Cherokee.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^So long as the coil packs lasted. And so long as you were absolutely anal about shopvaccing out the leaf and mould munge out of the AC ducts and AC drip pan drain.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And so long as you were absolutely anal about shopvaccing out the leaf and mould munge out of the AC ducts and AC drip pan drain.
I doubt that example has seen outside if there was a cloud in the sky, pollen in the air or a leaf that was anything but a vibrant green.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it worth paying a manual transmission premium for a 4x4? Fun car, for sure, but I don't see the point for a 4x4.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For less than $5k (with buyers fees) ... it is a calculated risk that I don't tthink he will get hurt with.
It seems like a good business decision to fix it up, as he owns a Toyota/Lexus shop and has a very popular YouTube channel.

But I'm curious who will pay for gas to get it to a million miles? 372,000 miles at 23 mpg highway = 16,173 gallons. Yikes! And, of course, it has to take premium since it's a luxury brand.

1683854190323.png

James

Out There
Instructor

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I doubt that example has seen outside if there was a cloud in the sky, pollen in the air or a leaf that was anything but a vibrant green.

Which is ironically funny. @Rudi Riet will probably remember that Nissan supplied these and D21 pickups for use as fleet vehicles. You'd see them in airport service livery, in groundskeeping at Mt. Vernon livery, in Maryland DNR livery...

Does that have throttle body fuel injection or a carb?

I thought they had a fancy aluminum intake with fuel injection.

TBI. You're probably thinking of the 300ZX version of that engine.

James

Out There
Instructor
Which is ironically funny. @Rudi Riet will probably remember that Nissan supplied these and D21 pickups for use as fleet vehicles. You'd see them in airport service livery, in groundskeeping at Mt. Vernon livery, in Maryland DNR livery...

TBI. You're probably thinking of the 300ZX version of that engine.
It looks…pre-historic!
But the seat material- blech. Just gross, I remember that stuff. I had a friend who liked it, ironically for dogs, so they don’t slide off.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My inlaws had two of this generation Pathfinders along with a Maxima with this motor, all had 200K on them when retired. At this pace, this PFinder at 33 miles a year will have to go to 8059 to get 200K on it. I guess the jury will be out until then.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But the seat material- blech. Just gross, I remember that stuff. I had a friend who liked it, ironically for dogs, so they don’t slide off.
I always loved the Japanese "Mouse fur" seat covers, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, durable and grippy.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
My inlaws had two of this generation Pathfinders along with a Maxima with this motor, all had 200K on them when retired. At this pace, this PFinder at 33 miles a year will have to go to 8059 to get 200K on it. I guess the jury will be out until then.

LOL, I think I still have a couple of boxes of Maxima stuff somewhere.

It looks…pre-historic!

It also looks super easy to work on, which is likely one of the reasons fleet operators loved them.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online