• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1657335792547.jpeg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sadly we had to say goodbye to our old man, Mr. Grimples(23) on Monday. He had been losing weight no matter how much we fed him and on Sunday he had what we're pretty sure was a stroke.We absolutely didn't want his last moments to be a traumatic ride to an unknown emergency vet so we reached out to our at home vet and comforted him as well as we could. By the next morning he seemed to have recovered ~50% and kept getting better throughout the day. The vet couldn't come until Wednesday and we figured he should be ok until then . To complicate things I was just recovering from Covid the previous week(stupid music festival) so come Wednesday I test myself to make sure I'm clear and I'm not. :( We had to reschedule until Monday. He hung on until Monday with us doting over him and giving him special food but by the time the vet came it was pretty obvious to us he was tired and done fighting. He had lost his much younger buddy a little over a year ago and had been noticeably going downhill since.
I also feel it's worth noting that he was an obnoxious asshole to the humans and some of the other cats in the house. He shredded me and my wife on more than one occasion. We adopted him when he was ten as a companion to our 16 Y/O female and he absolutely tormented her to the point we had to permanently keep them separated until she passed. In his later years his favorite activities were screaming at us for food before we could even pour our first cup of coffee and scooting on the living room rug. He also absolutely loved to be picked up and snuggled and didn't seem to ever want you to stop. Goodnight Grimple, you sweet, insufferable bastard.

Attachments

• IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 7

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Obviously designed by someone who has never actually lived with cats. NFW I want my little demons running around and wrestling under me while I'm trying to sleep. It's also going to be a fur and vomit collector and give them a perfect place to hide when you're trying to give them meds or take them to the vet.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Obviously designed by someone who has never actually lived with cats.

You're absolutely right, but not because of:

NFW I want my little demons running around and wrestling under me while I'm trying to sleep. It's also going to be a fur and vomit collector and give them a perfect place to hide when you're trying to give them meds or take them to the vet.

More because it's redundant. Any bed with any space under it is de facto already everything you say here. Doubly so if there are storage boxes or just ...stuff under there.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
You're absolutely right, but not because of:

More because it's redundant. Any bed with any space under it is de facto already everything you say here. Doubly so if there are storage boxes or just ...stuff under there.
I have a "captains" bed(platform bed with drawers under it)that they can get under by the headboard. I've occasionally had to pull a couple of the drawers out to retrieve an uncooperative feline. I'm not setting up a space that requires complete disassembly of my bed if I need to do it again.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
*grin* I ain't blaming ya.

Back when Dassie was small she'd literally crawl inside my old sleeper sofa - straight up the inside where the folded top part of the mattress goes - and spend the day cheerfully clawing away at that coarse black upholstery backing cloth. We had to warn visitors to play 'spot the cat bulge' before plopping themselves down.

EDIT: As I write, Pestilence is clawing her way past the Indian clubs and journal boxes to camp out in the 3" space available behind the turntable support :huh:

Last edited:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
*grin* I ain't blaming ya.

Back when Dassie was small she'd literally crawl inside my old sleeper sofa - straight up the inside where the folded top part of the mattress goes - and spend the day cheerfully clawing away at that coarse black upholstery backing cloth. We had to warn visitors to play 'spot the cat bulge' before plopping themselves down.
We have decided to embrace our crazy cat people status. Our cats are ridiculously spoiled. The house is completely set up for them including 2 built in litter box cubbies, a litter robot, a kitty lounge/parkour course through the living room and dining room, hammocks in most windows and every type of scratcher and toy you can imagine.
IMG_2164.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have decided to embrace our crazy cat people status. Our cats are ridiculously spoiled. The house is completely set up for them including 2 built in litter box cubbies, a litter robot, a kitty lounge/parkour course through the living room and dining room, hammocks in most windows and every type of scratcher and toy you can imagine. View attachment 174644 View attachment 174648
And yet you still worry that they will kill you in your sleep and eat your livers.

• Haha
Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
And yet you still worry that they will kill you in your sleep and eat your livers.
Not really with any of our current bunch, they're all overfed and lazy. Our newest addition was a feral kitten(haven't been able to get a post worthy photo yet) so the jury is still out on her but my wife is the kitten whisperer and has managed to get her to lle belly up in her lap on numerous occasions so I'm not too concerned but death by fuzzy black kitten with extra thumbs is an obituary I would be proud of.

Sponsor