• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Choosing Skate skis -- where to start?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
PS: Didn't get that "how do we account for that".
I'm just curious about the technology. What makes the new poles so much more effective, if they're as light as the older ones? Stiffness? If so, how were they able to make them stiffer?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Oh that... no idea, as I have very little knowledge about carbon itself (my brother is way better in this then I am, so most of my custom carbon stuff is his job :D). I guess carbon production, knowledge about laying fibers right way improved through the years. I would say carbon is still carbon, so fibers itself are probably same today as they were 20 years ago, but resin improved and most importantly knowledge of putting fibers right way, combining different fibers to achieve extra stiffness at same, or smaller, weight, is what really makes difference. But that's just my assumption, and I'm sure someone with more knowledge about carbon will tell I'm wrong, and will provide proper reason why it's so :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
it's true that classic is REAL skiing, and skating is just, well skating :ogbiggrin:

Love it. I have a skating-only friend that describes himself as a nordic skier.

I occasionally remind him that he is not a nordic skier, he is a skater. :ogcool:

Sponsor

Staff online