• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
This thread is great. So many tasty nuggets of goodness.

I love finding talented lesser known musicians who can throw down live unproduced tracks with an energy that lights your soul on fire. I hope you find these videos I posted below to be exquisite.

This first group is a lesser known band out of Canada who has played on the cruise ship scene for a while and you won't find much of thier stuff outside of the live events that they do. They are pretty much a cover band that does 50s, 60s and 70s tunes of yesteryear and their stage presence is ovewhelming. This is a rare one off that they put on youtube. The bands name is Rookie (There is another band of the same name that plays music more like Wilco. This is not them) This first song was originally recorded by Jim Croce.
Enjoy -

This next band is a collection of musicians individually oozing with talent. When they play together they are known as the Funk cover band Scary Pockets and do all kinds of covers turning pop and R&B into funk. They are joined by the extremely talented Theo Katzman who cerainly out does Billy Joel on this one.

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
Since you posted the Flaming Lips covering Nick Cave...

How about the Flaming Lips -

Covered by Ben Folds -

All in a Glorious 4:3 Aspect Ratio :)

Its so good. All of it.

Ok - Next post has to be a band covering Ben Folds...

Sponsor

Staff online