• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Marty does Marty.

We saw Marty and the Fabulous Superlatives a few years ago. Outstanding! He can melt that mandolin!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I like the Primus version of Have a Cigar!

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think I have stated my case here regarding the "sovereignty of the original" (TM Jon Parris...) of which I am generally an adherent to (being a musician and audio "file"...), but every now and again I run into something that piques my interest and I delve into it... That said, the original:

And then what got me into this:

Both have their merits and they stand on their own for differing reasons... but the glue that makes glues them together... Family!

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
As a side effect of my interest in some of the newer country and bluegrass artists I've developed a real love for country/bluegrass/Americana covers.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
Winter, 1973, really written by Mick Jagger and Mick Taylor. Taylor on guitar. Very under rated song.
Mick Taylor much later, in 2000, did two versions with Carla Olson. Great band, and his guitar… After about 3:40 it’s instrumental. He and Duane Allman would’ve made a great pair.

Original-

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online