• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do cyclists have a respect problem?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
This is why I won't road bike! Jeezy Pete!
I mean, in context, that was midnight and likely impaired dude (because you don't need a license to drive an ebike at 40kmh in a bike lane) in the downtown of a city of 3m people. Doesn't happen all the time. But yeah, definitely some challenges on the road.. :( good thing we're saving people from cars though..

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I mean, in context, that was midnight and likely impaired dude (because you don't need a license to drive an ebike at 40kmh in a bike lane) in the downtown of a city of 3m people. Doesn't happen all the time. But yeah, definitely some challenges on the road.. :( good thing we're saving people from cars though..
I don't think that was an ebike. Looked like a scooter.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So they charged dude.

Aggravated assault is significant here, up to 14 years in prison. The goal for criminals here is to plead down to something that is two years less a day which means local prison time. Simple assault with no priors would be that. If aggravated sticks, anything over two years is in a federal penetentiary. Dangerous operation is two years less a day. So we'll see.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So they charged dude.

Aggravated assault is significant here, up to 14 years in prison. The goal for criminals here is to plead down to something that is two years less a day which means local prison time. Simple assault with no priors would be that. If aggravated sticks, anything over two years is in a federal penetentiary. Dangerous operation is two years less a day. So we'll see.
Rage is one thing. Physical assault with a deadly weapon (motor bike) is another. The media piece and the report both appear to confuse the two. There is no such thing as "He asked for it."

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
It snowed a bir today.

20230920_125243.jpg

The season will be here soon. Until then, carry on.

...and on....

.. and on.

. and...

:golfclap:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's the lycra. If you don't wear lycra, you get more respect, at the expense of humid, sticky naughty bits!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January