• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 104 frees to arrive today! Tried em?

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just in time for a little powder dump Sunday. The skis went to Wy from Co on the way to calif and sat in Cheyenne for 5 days then finally started the trek to the west.
Anyone try these?

I skied the Enforcer 100 and liked it for carving. These seem to offer a mix of good powder performance with some carving abilities remaining in tact :daffy:

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These have been my go-to skis for the last couple seasons primarily at Mammoth, in UT and CO. They are a great ski for the West and bigger mtns. They take a little more work to get on edge on firm groomers but will respond particularly at slightly higher speeds. They are an incredibly versatile ski...that's what I love about them.

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
These have been my go-to skis for the last couple seasons primarily at Mammoth, in UT and CO. They are a great ski for the West and bigger mtns. They take a little more work to get on edge on firm groomers but will respond particularly at slightly higher speeds. They are an incredibly versatile ski...that's what I love about them.
That's what I am hoping for and I like to ski fast so that should not be an issue. :daffy:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Always a little bit of a learning curve with twin tails as they will feel a bit looser when flat and you have to tip them over more to fully access their entire edge grip Vs the flat tailed 100.
Once you get the hang of them, they will seem like a cheat code in the bumps and trees!

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Always a little bit of a learning curve with twin tails as they will feel a bit looser when flat and you have to tip them over more to fully access their entire edge grip Vs the flat tailed 100.
Once you get the hang of them, they will seem like a cheat code in the bumps and trees!
Day one on them Friday with a buddy who followed me to watch my turns and immediately commented on how the tail is not blowing out. They CARVE as good if not better than my Mantras And Stockli AR's. Faster edge to edge and easier turn initiation -why??

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Common misconception that twins can’t carve. If you’re properly balanced and lay them over, they rip! Get off balance and they may release the tails earlier than desired though.

Very easy to lay over but the Mantras and the less tapered tail of the AR will dig into firm snow better. But if you’re skiing snow that they can bite into, Enforcers carve well. I really like the 104s off piste and in bumps. Super fun there!

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Common misconception that twins can’t carve. If you’re properly balanced and lay them over, they rip! Get off balance and they may release the tails earlier than desired though.

Very easy to lay over but the Mantras and the less tapered tail of the AR will dig into firm snow better. But if you’re skiing snow that they can bite into, Enforcers carve well. I really like the 104s off piste and in bumps. Super fun there!
Why do you think the 104 Frees initiate the turn easier than the Mantras? Maybe less swing weight with the wood in tip and tail?
What is a ski as powerful as the Mantra with an easier turn initiation?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Why do you think the 104 Frees initiate the turn easier than the Mantras? Maybe less swing weight with the wood in tip and tail?
What is a ski as powerful as the Mantra with an easier turn initiation?
Probably more the tighter turn radius on the Enforcer causing this. Easier to pivot and lighter feeling with the True Tip. The Mantra will be more stable at higher speeds though so it depends on what you prefer.
The Bonafide 97 would have a similar turn radius to Enforcers but with less taper so better grip on piste.

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Probably more the tighter turn radius on the Enforcer causing this. Easier to pivot and lighter feeling with the True Tip. The Mantra will be more stable at higher speeds though so it depends on what you prefer.
The Bonafide 97 would have a similar turn radius to Enforcers but with less taper so better grip on piste.
I skied the 104's on 2 mountains back to back days and my opinion is they grip just as well as the Mantra and with the easier to turn and faster edge to edge they will become the daily drivers,
The only thing that challenged them was wind blown steep icy conditions / runs. Those runs did give way to a bit of chatter. The Mantra or the AR will likely be the am icy ski! First world problems! :huh:

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
3rd Mt -China Peak ski day. When you see brown jacket skiing in front that's me on the 104 frees

Skied some powder yesterday and had a blast. Great float and ease of turn. See new review thread

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad you like your Enforcers; I have a pair and like them myself. And you look good on them.
But...why are you skiing them on conditions like this? ^^^ Visuals and sound indicate hard-pack. Get yourself some narrower, hard-snow skis and save the Enforcers for what they do best -- soft and loose.

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Regarding the easier turn initiation compared to some others maybe in the same category, I'm going to go with more rockered. And I agree that a twin tip and a more rockered ski can carve well If you're a person who physically tips them through the slarve zone. Faction Candides for instance.

I have a buddy who has been on the Enforcer 104 for 3 years. He's looking to get onto something else now because "they don't grip well enough on hard snow." But he doesn't really ever physically make his skis rail. Probably ski with less tip taper would be better for him on harder pack days

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Glad you like your Enforcers; I have a pair and like them myself. And you look good on them.
But...why are you skiing them on conditions like this? ^^^ Visuals and sound indicate hard-pack. Get yourself some narrower, hard-snow skis and save the Enforcers for what they do best -- soft and loose.
thanks and these conditions were better than the wind blown crud at the home Mt
I have Stockli montero AR's and Mantras and yes they would grip about 10% better but I wanted to push these and see what they could deliver and they did! Very impressed and like I said above they are actually more snappy edge to edge than the above 'Carvers'

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Regarding the easier turn initiation compared to some others maybe in the same category, I'm going to go with more rockered. And I agree that a twin tip and a more rockered ski can carve well If you're a person who physically tips them through the slarve zone. Faction Candides for instance.

I have a buddy who has been on the Enforcer 104 for 3 years. He's looking to get onto something else now because "they don't grip well enough on hard snow." But he doesn't really ever physically make his skis rail. Probably ski with less tip taper would be better for him on harder pack days
Your exactly correct driver dependent. I'd railing these ( vid shows not as much as I think I am) :huh:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
3rd Mt -China Peak ski day. When you see brown jacket skiing in front that's me on the 104 frees

Skied some powder yesterday and had a blast. Great float and ease of turn. See new review thread

This snow is perfect! For 66-68 mm carvers. :ogbiggrin: This is the snow my own dreams are made of. Click into a pair of cheater GSs and go to town!:ogbiggrin:
C’mon man, you are good enough, ditch them fat thingies and get a pair of real skis.

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Regarding the video, I think I probably ski a lot like you (but probably not as well, and I'm sure a lot more ugly pole dragging), sliding into a turn and then leaning into a higher edge angle, not a lot of hip articulation. The Enforcer 104 I think suits your style really well. Its weight and the way it smooths out chunk and chatter compensates for not having a "shock absorber" sort of skiing style, and the way the tails like to slide around to start a turn instead of pressuring the front corners to get the ski turning. I think you have a very happy future together with these skis, much fun will be had

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Your exactly correct driver dependent. I'd railing these ( vid shows not as much as I think I am) :huh:
I think you're railing them! I mean once you get there you can clearly see that you're cutting ruts in the middle 70-80 percent of each turn. Still banging a little bit of spray out sideways, but those are some damn heavy skis and they're going to knock a lot of snow around regardless

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think you're railing them! I mean once you get there you can clearly see that you're cutting ruts in the middle 70-80 percent of each turn. Still banging a little bit of spray out sideways, but those are some damn heavy skis and they're going to knock a lot of snow around regardless
Thanks! I see the spray, sort of like water skiing. I am trying to carve dropping the hip but seem to seem to hit a wall on how low I get.

Sponsor