• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poll Fischer Scan Fit, scan your foot, check your measurements

How accurate is your boot fit according to Fischer Scan-Fit App?

• App recommends slightly bigger (.5cm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The App is good, I know my boots are wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just tried the Fischer Scan Fit app to measure my foot and see how a computer does against the brannock or physical ruler.

Install the app to your smart phone (use link, or search in app store for Fischer Scan-Fit)

You put your foot halfway on a standard sheet of paper choose US letter or A4.

Then you take several pictures lining up using the tiltsensor and with the sheet as a reference, and it'll calculate your foot dimensions and display it to you.

My foot was .4cm smaller than my bootfitting, but I meaured barefoot vs socks when getting skiboots.
Time for me to get new boots and size down and try to squeeze into .6mondo too small?

Post some comments on your results, remember to take into account if you're measuring with your skisocks on/off.

(I don't know enough about bootfitting for all the other foot stats, but they are there too for your perusal!)

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did a few scans and the length of my left foot only changed 1 mm. All other measurements stayed the same. Compared to physical measurement it seems accurate in my case

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used the scan app last fall and was surprised how close the numbers were compared to the scan done at my boot fitter.

RF was scanned at 274 at the fitter so the app is only slightly off. The width from the app matches the fitters scan.

I was just fitted for my second pair of Atomic Hawx Magna 130 in a 26.5.
I’m looking to add AT boots after picking up some Salomon Shift clamps and have tried on a couple touring boots. I’ll be going back tomorrow since a shipment in hit today.
The Fischer Ranger One 130 in 27.5 fit my foot well but will try the Atomic Hawx Prime XTD 130 and Salomon Shift Pro 130 and a couple older Scarpa boots that have a 103.5mm last.

5BD30EC6-D032-4F3B-A1BD-4BC904F572E4.png

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I tried the app a year ago: numerous times with the same result every time: it says my feet are about 1 cm longer than they actually are. If I was to follow the app's size recommendation, I would have gotten a boot that was at least 1 mondopoint size too big.

But that was a year ago. Maybe they've updated it now.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
numerous times with the same result every time: it says my feet are about 1 cm longer than they actually are. If I was to follow the app's size recommendation, I would have gotten a boot that was at least 1 mondopoint size too big.

But that was a year ago. Maybe they've updated it now.

Same here - except numerous times with every third time the app refuses to give a result. My feet are unprocessable :D

TS
raytseng

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
lol, I was thinking the opposite need a tan. do you have paperwhite pale feet or a 1cm long toenail? maybe try with dark socks on if you are bored.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
lol, I was thinking the opposite need a tan. do you have paperwhite pale feet or a 1cm long toenail? maybe try with dark socks on if you are bored.

I'm betting it's the enormous instep that throws their perspective and width computation off.

The nordic version gives the correct size.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cool app. My data.

I'm currently using 27.5 Mondo boots ... probably because that's what it takes to get one wide enough.

Length 261.0 258.1
Ball Width 113.8 113.7
Instep Height 87.0 85.6
Navicular Height 51.5 47.7
Heel Width 75.4 78.3

TS
raytseng

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm betting it's the enormous instep that throws their perspective and width computation off.

The nordic version gives the correct size.
Lol, just remembered that old saying "The camera adds 10 pounds."
Need some slimming vertical stripes so your foot looks good for the photoshoot
:roflmao:

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
I did one scan:

Length 245 246
Ball Width 103 100
Instep Height 69 72
Navicular Height 41 46
Heel Width 67 63

The Length is good as I fit a 24.5 mondo shell. How do you interpret the other measurements? Does Ball Width correlate to Last?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just did mine... it took 2 tries... I'm in a 4 year old 28.5, and have been figuring I'll go down a size with my next boot.

LeftRight
Length277.5270.3
Ball Width105.7104.5
Instep Height69.969.9
Navicular Height44.243.9
Heel Width69.568.0

Sponsor

Staff online