For you fly fishing junkies among us...

Tony Storaro

Dreams are made of corduroy...
Skier
I'm lazy so I spend the 6 bucks and buy the two packs pretty regularly. However I'm also cheap so I've recently been rebuilding them if their not too far gone.
Can I suggest you try Hends Camou leaders?
Tapered leaders In lengths up to 9 meters, absolutely perfect.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
@Tony Storaro I took a look at them online. I'm typically using a 6 or 7x tippet on the streams I fish. I'm also not euro nymphing so they are a little long for me. Usually I've got a 9ft (3 meter ish) leader sometimes 7ft 6 inch (2.5 meter ish). My usual rods are an Orvis 9 ft 3 wt, an older Diamondback 8'6" 4 wt or a St Croix 7'6' 3/4wt. I've been thinking about doing the euro nymph style but to be honest I love the old school style way to much.

Tony Storaro

Skier
Oops, Earlier I thought this was directed at me I just realized you were asking @Started at 53
No problems. This still remains as a suggestion to the euronymphing folks here. Hends are a Czech company and the Czech guys know a thing or two about euronymphing. It is not for nothing that they are 10 times team world champions in fly fishing and one member or another of heir team becomes individual champion almost every other year :ogbiggrin:

Otherwise, for dry fly I am the same- 6x or 7x tippet even going down to 9x in some extreme cases of grayling fishing. 9ft leader indeed.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
No problems. This still remains as a suggestion to the euronymphing folks here. Hends are a Czech company and the Czech guys know a thing or two about euronymphing. It is not for nothing that they are 10 times team world champions in fly fishing and one member or another of heir team becomes individual champion almost every other year :ogbiggrin:

Otherwise, for dry fly I am the same- 6x or 7x tippet even going down to 9x in some extreme cases of grayling fishing. 9ft leader indeed.
LOL I love light tippet fishing. I actually just threw away some 10x that was on my tippet spool that I had for probably 15 years. I may have used it once in that time. If you breathed too hard on it.....snap.

Tony Storaro

Skier
LOL I love light tippet fishing. I actually just threw away some 10x that was on my tippet spool that I had for probably 15 years. I may have used it once in that time. If you breathed too hard on it.....snap.
:ogbiggrin:

Yeah. You also need quite soft rod with 7x and down, preferably glass or split cane #3 or 4 although some graphite rods are quite gentle on the tippet too.

But there is no way around this. In some places I fish in Europe-Bosnia and some rivers in Slovenia for instance the graylings will not take anything bigger than 18 hook (preferably 22-24) and tippet thicker than 7x. And this-both dry and nymphs. Can be quite challenging.