• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2022

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Well Norris handled Alpine pretty well today. Really had the bit between his teeth at the end. RIC not so much.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
You just jealous of Alonso's mad manual skillz :D
Considering his mad manual, it's amazing that he managed to finish as high in the race as he did. It must have been uncomfortable to drive the rest of the race with a load in his pants!

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
YO! 2026 THREAD!
1672948988439.png

BTW, are you having fun with Radio Rewind? The 2022 Monaco RR is more amusing than some D2S episodes.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does Cadillac as a brand really play for F1 (Genuine question - they don't exist in Europe so no real idea if they have a performance angle to the brand). I could maybe sorta kinda see a Chevrolet Corvette branding gaining some traction maybe....

scott43

Skier
Does Cadillac as a brand really play for F1 (Genuine question - they don't exist in Europe so no real idea if they have a performance angle to the brand). I could maybe sorta kinda see a Chevrolet Corvette branding gaining some traction maybe....
It's a good question. Cadillac has been in prototype racing for some time. You know it's likely the same gang doing the work. They've been trying to get the Cadillac name to be a younger performance brand. Like MB. So I think it works. And really a lot of the work will be farmed out to pros, it won't be GM staff for the most part. It's really a marketing thing I think.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

It could play for F1 in a Mercedes luxoformance way, if can haz Miami AND Vegas AND Austin AND Mexico City AND Brazil AND 2-3-4 Asian venues.

Also, don't forget GM Global is doing EVs and PHEVs in a big way and all of that is going to come out under the Cadillac brand far sooner than under the Chevy name.

Last edited:

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Interesting. I completely get that it won;t actually be GM guys doing the work (Merc F1 and Merc HPE have little to do wit the rest of the org) but Mercedes does actually produce real performance road cars - as far as I can see there's not much in the GM portfolio that does at all. GM effectively doesn't exist in Europe having divested itself of Opel/Vauxhall, and even when it did other than the odd hot hatch there was nothing to suggest a performance angle. If there's a NA/SA/Asia marketing message that works then fair enough for them - it would be good to see the number of cars on the grid increase

Sponsor

Staff online