• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Giro Named Official Helmet and Goggle of SkiTalk Test Team

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Grid Helmet, Contour goggle

BD416D5C-70F9-4247-9161-5747B7299A85_1_201_a.jpeg
2EF1C137-857D-42FC-AFB0-4CC5876F0E5D_1_201_a.jpeg
653C2995-B959-47D7-B5A8-2154CE2415CD_1_201_a.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Like the colors! What are the pants?
Goggle to helmet fits well.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Giro Jackson helmet and Giro Method goggles here. I said it earlier in this thread, but I will echo again the seamless intervention, comfort, and quality of Zeiss lenses.

Attachments

• 8D65741F-752F-4C05-9CF0-366E3A28B555.jpeg
    8D65741F-752F-4C05-9CF0-366E3A28B555.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 26

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Range helmet with Contact goggles.

IMG_20210203_162515877_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210203_162517827_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210203_163500750_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Jackson helmet and contour goggles.
20210203_164553.jpg
20210203_164642.jpg
20210203_164716.jpg
20210203_164932.jpg

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Since Giro is the official helmet of the SkiTalk Test Team, any word on the new colors coming out in the Giro Stellar MIPS? I am in the market for a new helmet and trying to decide if I buy now or wait for a fun new color. Giro helmets fit my head and mesh perfectly with my Anon goggles (both my older WM1 and new WM3).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since Giro is the official helmet of the SkiTalk Test Team, any word on the new colors coming out in the Giro Stellar MIPS? I am in the market for a new helmet and trying to decide if I buy now or wait for a fun new color. Giro helmets fit my head and mesh perfectly with my Anon goggles (both my older WM1 and new WM3).
I'm talking to someone at Giro now about next year's colors.
Stay tuned.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@lisamamot
I'm currently wearing the Stellar Mips and was only able to get it in black.
The colors available coming in the fall are.
Matte Black, Matte White, Matte Urchin/Pink Street, Matt Grey Green/Glaze Blue.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the contour goggles magnetic? I have the Contact goggles and they like pop off when you put them on your helmet.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the contour goggles magnetic? I have the Contact goggles and they like pop off when you put them on your helmet.
Contour have a magnet to assist placement and two pins on each side to hold the lens in place. No problems with the lens falling off.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have the Giro Eave goggles and they do much the same as what you're describing with the Contact goggles.
I have to use both hands on the sides, and can't move it over the helmet with one hand like my old goggles.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
@lisamamot
Thank you for the update. I may just end-up with white, but I may wait to see whatever Matte Urchin/Pink Street and Green/Glaze Blue look like. I was considering the Envi model as well - it comes in a beautiful pale lavender - super light for touring too although I have not been able to try it on yet. The Stellar was a perfect mesh with the Anon WM3 goggles.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you for the update. I may just end-up with white, but I may wait to see whatever Matte Urchin/Pink Street and Green/Glaze Blue look like. I was considering the Envi model as well - it comes in a beautiful pale lavender - super light for touring too although I have not been able to try it on yet. The Stellar was a perfect mesh with the Anon WM3 goggles.
I got the Stellar but recently I tried on the Envi and I think I like it better for my head shape.
I was flying blind when I ordered my kit and wish I had gone to a shop to try some on first. Don't get me wrong, it fits and works well, but after trying the Envi on, I think I like the way it fits my head better.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
that Jackson is a really nice helmet ( I bought that for myself prior to Giro becoming a sponsor) . although it has fixed open vents, I skied with it on several near zero and below zero days with a beanie and I was comfortable. I think having the open vents is key to preventing moisture build up which can lead to fogging. I find I rarely close my vents.
I have a Jackson (not the helmet in my profile pic) and like it. It's a very bright green color, which I have the impression is going away in Giro's lineup, so I just got a Zone after seeing it at a nice price in that color. I'll stockpile the Zone for a few years till the Jackson is too beat.

Goggles are Onsets - got several pair at good prices a few years ago. The Vivid lenses are nice, but I've been using the non-Vivid Loden Green a lot - very versatile. Unless the light is really flat, I prefer fairly dark lenses, even if it's not that sunny out. Sometimes I wish I had goggle with lenses that were easier to change (no way could I do swap on the Onsets on a hill) but other than that I like them a lot.

Last edited:

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I wish Giro did more bright/fun colors, including on the men's side. The helmets are great, and I understand that perhaps the market is tending to darker, less wild stuff, but I'd like more bright options. White and orange seem to be it for now.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I wish Giro did more bright/fun colors, including on the men's side. The helmets are great, and I understand that perhaps the market is tending to darker, less wild stuff, but I'd like more bright options. White and orange seem to be it for now.
I'm with you on the bright colours as I want a helmet that is highly visible.

Sponsor

Staff online