• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good Deals Thread

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure if this is of interest to the forum, but thought it might be fun/indulgent to start an ongoing thread where we randomly post good deals on stuff that others might want/need.

If someone already started this, forgive me and just point me in the right direction and I'll repost. If it goes nowhere, no big deal, but my Black Friday contribution for those interested:

Samsonite Luggage has crazy sales on their 3 piece set ups like Winfield and Centric. $200, free shipping versus $730 retail, (however would be weird to ever pay retail on this). I bought the silver Winfield set since one of our roller bags just went bust on our last trip.
use coupon code 3PCSAVE

Steep & Cheap
Sweet Protection Switcher Mips at $95- $135.

I bought a L Green Grimnir last week (different helmet than above) for $144 or 65% off. But you can find them still for 55% off or the Switchers for similar. Sweet offers replacement on a crash for 40% off as well.

Side note, noticing A bunch of different MIPS helmets as well 35%-75% off. Smith, Giro, etc

Also at Steep and Cheap, got my 14yo daughter two Smartwool base layers for about 50% off (1/4 zip and a base sweater)

Finally, for MTB enthusiasts, got a blue Patagonia Dirt roamer backpack for 65% off (not sure I'm going to keep it though, hopefully test riding tomorrow)

Finally, although I didn't buy any of these, I noticed there's a few Volkl, Kastle's and DPS's up to 60% off. and a lot of kids skis for about $225 with bindings under $100.
(I generally find Ski Essentials has the same pricing though on ski deals like this and they're really easy to work with. )

I do all the Christmas shopping this week so if I see more, I'll post if of interest.

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Adding here.

Patagonia used to make fleece R2, R3 and R4 jackets they were variations on polartec. Very comfortable products. I have 10+ year old R2 and R4 both showing wear. Loved both. The R2 though was always a bit tight (Medium) and The R4 was sometimes too warm for most occasions, but both were super comfortable. I wear them regularly despite the age.

There's a brand called Mountain Equipment on Steep & Cheap and they have jackets that are similar material the old R2-R4s. The Concordia is a combo R3-R4 feel to it with Thermal Pro High Loft. only $80 off $230 (I paid $90 for it last week and don't plan to try to exchange to save $10) and the Siachen is $60 off of $170 using Polartec Thermal Pro Grid.

I bought both to see which I liked more and I plan to keep them both to replace the R2s and R4. The price for two of these is less than one Patagonia R series would have been 10 years ago. I actually find both to be more comfortable and fitting than the old R Series. If you liked the old R series, these are really decent replacements.

I'm 6'2 175. The Concordia runs very small, had to exchange from medium to large. The Siachen runs slightly small but still could handle size kept at Medium.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Black Friday discount code for Tempest (was Abom) heated no fog goggles.

"Nofog15" Order direct from website, free shipping.

Kahuna

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone sees a deal on Pivot 15s, please post it!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Samsonite Luggage has crazy sales on their 3 piece set ups like Winfield and Centric. $200, free shipping versus $730 retail, (however would be weird to ever pay retail on this). I bought the silver Winfield set since one of our roller bags just went bust on our last trip.
use coupon code 3PCSAVE
https://shop.samsonite.com/holiday-set-savings/
Dang, had the more expensive one in cart this morning. Now it is not available. Oops

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Dang, had the more expensive one in cart this morning. Now it is not available. Oops
bummer. Yeah, that was probably the best deal I've seen on luggage for a while. Did you try the other two options?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
bummer. Yeah, that was probably the best deal I've seen on luggage for a while. Did you try the other two options?
I did pull the trigger on another available 3 piece. Thanks for the info.

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
FYI - Mountain Hardwear's Cyber deal is 60% off is Glen Alpine Down Jacket (650 fill). $72. Good price for a descent down. Also rain shell for $48. And women's dawnlight goretex for only $240. Pretty amazing jacket for that price.

Historically speaking, Cyber Monday is one of the best days for Mountain Hardwear. I picked up a Ghost Whisperer 2 for 60% in the past.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Arctix Men's Tundra Ballistic Bib Overalls With Added Visibility​

On Amazon normal price from $37 - $90. I have two sets of these and 100% sure they will live longer than me!

Great for beginner - intermediate anywhere or expert in deep cold area woods skiing. Too heavy for B/C. These are more like "Coach" pants that will not tear under extreme use. I use them when skiing at the local farm trails as those trails eat traditional ski gear brands for brkfst, lunch and dinner. I blew through an expensive set of ski gloves in literally 10 sec....... they went from new to USELESS in 10 sec. Anything not ballistic or Carhartt is covered in duct tape...

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yesterday picked up two "Clear" goggle set for Wifey and I. We use Clear 90% of the time up here in northern New England as low light is the norm even on sunny days. $12.99 ea! Just "Shoo Goo'd" the straps so they stick to my helmet like higher end goggles. We only break out our higher end goggles when we travel or on Storm Days when it gets deep and you're operating at the sharper edge of the performance envelope.

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
If anyone sees a deal on Pivot 15s, please post it!
Just bought some gold 115 for $281.

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
FYI freefly has Extra20 off sale items right now and a bunch of their sale items are winter gear. Important if you've never bought from here: it can shrink aggressively so anything fleece/bamboo, likely best to size up. Read the reviews before buying. Also, no returns on this sale.

The best deal I found today there was these t-shirts - mix of bamboo and cotton. Incredibly comfortable for $21.

My wife bought a second one of these for about $42. She thinks it's one of the most comfortable fleeces she owns.

If you fish, a bunch of the light and mid hoodies are on sale too. (Probably size one up).

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Smith Squad XL goggles in the “art” version or whatever at about half price, with two lenses. I love these goggles, but lens changes are definitely a bit pissy:

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier

Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft.

This jacket is back to about $95 after an extra 20% off coupon. It's been a great cold weather jacket/sweater layer. See my post above.

Steep and Cheap has an extra 20% coupon this weekend on a bunch of ski stuff.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier

Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft.

This jacket is back to about $95 after an extra 20% off coupon. It's been a great cold weather jacket/sweater layer. See my post above.

Steep and Cheap has an extra 20% coupon this weekend on a bunch of ski stuff.
How do you get 20% off coupons for that website?

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
How do you get 20% off coupons for that website?
only for this weekend. You have to watch the site itself. Today's is SNOW20 and you want to follow the link to the applicable products. Here's the link

Sponsor

Staff online