• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good Deals Thread

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone ever had any interactions with Colorado Discount Skis? I was talking to their customer service/guy the answers the phones/emails and got some very strange vibes. Was coming close to making a purchase until the latest correspondence with the guy gave me the "full-stop" raised eye brow. Could be he's just a classic old school salesman.

Anyone had a good experience with them?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anyone ever had any interactions with Colorado Discount Skis? I was talking to their customer service/guy the answers the phones/emails and got some very strange vibes. Was coming close to making a purchase until the latest correspondence with the guy gave me the "full-stop" raised eye brow. Could be he's just a classic old school salesman.

Many of us have purchased lots of gear from Tom at CDS. Not sure what your convo was about, but he's totally legit.

Gerard

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've bought bindings from Colorado Discount Skis and everything went good. BTY Corbetts is having a good sale.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Many of us have purchased lots of gear from Tom at CDS. Not sure what your convo was about, but he's totally legit.
Good to know. I'll give him a call tomorrow, I get the feeling something got lost in translation through our email back & forth.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Purchased lots of stuff from them. They are legit.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skiis & Biikes in Toronto / Collingwood have 50% off on goggles, helmets, and gloves.

Just came back with new Smith I/O Mag XL with 2 lenses for $160 $C. Was so tempted to buy Hestra Alpine Pro gloves for $105 $C but have too many mitts/gloves already. Was also fondling Brahma 82 for $480 $C but came to my senses as too many 80'ish skis already at home.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've had good luck with Outdoor XL in The Netherlands. Just purchased (Feb) a pair of Volkl Deacon 80's, with bindings for $662.90 shipped. Check out their Testski page for some real bargains.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Purchased lots of stuff from them. They are legit.
Ended up calling Tom and had a great conversation with him. Ended up making the purchase as he made me a great deal. 10/10 would recommend. He's an old school guy, which I don't often run into these days so if anyone else has a similar experience... pick up the phone and talk to him!

Sponsor

Staff online