• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Guacamole, don’t over-complicate it…

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Salt and lime that is it, no lime? Lemon probably better. Don’t need all that other stuff, sour cream…just try it simple, fresh and delish..

830EEAA7-7E11-4E18-915D-7542A7C90637.jpeg

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m not kidding, my son just told me, “Dad I’m adding something to your guacamole”..omg!

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Garlic? ok. whatever, it's not Italian food....

Heat? Yeah, that is what my son said, he added some roast peppers he had, he is so fancy....

A little cilantro I would have added but did not have any. Cilantro is all tho, and not much!!!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With guacamole less is more. All you need is good ripe avocado and a good helping of sea salt, but that's a little thin for most folk so I throw in a little minced onion and small amount chopped cherry tomatoes. Cilantro is optional. And no need to make a purée out of it-roughly smashed is good-leave some chunks in there.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
With guacamole less is more. All you need is good ripe avocado and a good helping of sea salt, but that's a little thin for most folk so I throw in a little minced onion and small amount chopped cherry tomatoes. Cilantro is optional. And no need to make a purée out of it-roughly smashed is good-leave some chunks in there.

It's the onion people are missing.

Thread needs molcajete pictures.

Does anyone not like guac?

Gretas.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Onion, lime, fresh cilantro, tomato, salt

No heat - keep that in the salsa.
This! Except I do add jalapeno for flavor - remove seeds and membrane to cut back on heat and finely chop - adds a fresh flavor without a lot of spice.

This!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thread needs molcajete pictures.

Exactly. Learned all I need to know about guac from a raven haired señora expertly working her molcajete.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
Smoked trout, bacon, Chile poblano.
Don’t knock it until you have tried it!!!
4C278E24-0A93-4BAB-A0C5-BFC3687ECEE8.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Avacado
Onion
Habanaro
Cilatro
Lemon
/end

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
35 years ago when I was getting my undergrad bartended at a Mexican restaurant, I used to help in the kitchen as well when I got there early and bar prepped. They would always have me make the guac. 5 gallon plastic bucket, fill with avocados, fresh squeezed lemons, and salt. They had all the measurements can't remember, x cups of salt, x lemons. That is all that went in it, and customers used rave how good it was, I would tell them it is so simple you will not believe it. I think we used lemons because they had more juice, but it is great.

To me when it is made this simple, it tastes the freshed. Just try it.

Sponsor