• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Have you put your boots on yet?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, have ya? I keep thinking about it but haven't yet. I don't want any surprises the night before day one!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Last month I checked that my kids' boots will be usable for at least November and December. Haven't bothered with mine yet.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The night before my first ski, I will turn them upside down to make sure no mice made a nest. What else is there to do? I'm not going to change anything. I know I will have sandal foot from the summer, but I wouldn't change my boots for that. The feet will abide

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Seriously thinking about VT - the name a place you skied over a decade ago and want to return to has me thinking of Magic. Or whatever is on Ikon. And it can be done in one day driving as opposed to out west, so, with apologies to NJ it would be VT.

No apologies needed - Big Snow American Dream is closed through Halloween due to fire damage anyway. https://www.bigsnowamericandream.com/hours-directions/

I can now wear my boots for ~30 minutes without acute lingering pain so next month it's carpet skiing for me.

Last edited:

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Only my left one. I had them punched out a bit. I've been skiing on them for several years and had them punched out when they were new but either my foot changed shape or, more likely, the boot regressed toward it's original shape and began to smoosh my forefoot. Now it feels like it's better, but I won't know until the snow piles up enough to use them.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yes, they still fit but I left them off at the shop to see if we can make them fit better.
32EC6292-D47F-47CE-8BD9-C7D5BB110BA6.jpeg

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I washed the liners and put everything back together a couple of weeks ago....but maybe it would be a good idea this weekend...We're still a good 6 weeks away...

Please tell me the process you use to safely wash the liners. I'd like to wash mine.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wait. People wash liners?

We have this eucalyptus smelling stuff we put in our boots to make them smell nice.

Washing - no.

But then we wear them maybe 20 days, 30 if we have a big year, per season.

I never put my boots on until my first day skiing. Probably should.

Sponsor

Staff online