• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help! Did I make a huge mistake?

Gabe Salk

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi community Im hoping you can either quell my fears or reprimand me for my mistake.

I recently purchased the Kastle fx95 from a European website, I believed that the ski was the fx95hp. I did not realize that I was getting the metal-lacking ski.

Essentially Im asking: should I try to return this ski? (I bought it from Telemarkpyrenees.com ) does anyone have experience with returning skis to european companies? Will the ski be worth keeping?

Pertinent information: Im a level 3 skier. 185lbs, 25 years old skiing 30 days per year. I've been skiing my whole life, learned on the east coast now skiing out west. Im looking for a ski that I can use on and off piste. Ive been skiing on Praxis freeride 182cm (powder ski) and fischer progresser 175cm as a hardpack ski. Will I regret having the metal-less ski? should I go through the hassle of returning these and buy the more expensive top of the line fx95hp?

I really appreciate your input!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Personally, I preferred the regular FX over the HP, I found it to be a bit more playful with little cost in performance. The metal will just make the ski a bit damper and Nth degree higher top end.

TS
G

Gabe Salk

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Personally, I preferred the regular FX over the HP, I found it to be a bit more playful with little cost in performance. The metal will just make the ski a bit damper and Nth degree higher top end.
Thanks Phil, how much do you weigh? And whats your ski style like?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you take a look at my profile you will see.

Sponsor

Staff online