• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me choose a recreational carving ski, please.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
As far as performance goes, we spent more time on the Forza 70, and even had some fun with the Carv ski trainer device and app. Since Carv measures your edge angles, we thought it’d be fun to start our experimentation with the device with these skis. We got some great groomer days on these skis, and even found ourselves in softer snow and in some off-piste situations, which we were very impressed with. On a clear day on one of our marquee groomers, Jeff managed to achieve an 84-degree angle while I topped out at 70. Still, I was very pleased that I hit the intended number, and the skis felt rock-solid and totally engaged throughout. For sizing, I skied both the 181 and the 173, and even at 6’2 and 225 pounds, I prefer the 173. It’s light, precise, and an absolute blast to ski. Whether you’re letting it run across the fall line or are tightening it up in the shorter turns or bumps, the Forza 70 is a sheer pleasure to ski. When the snow gets firm, it’s nice to have that metal there for sure, and the long effective edge and positive camber go a long way in keeping the ski secured to the snow throughout the carve. I even used it in our weekly ski bum race series and had one of the more successful races of my career—the turn radius was a bit short for our longer course, but that only helped me out a bit since I don’t really have much of a race background.
A quote from the Ski Essentials review of the Forza. You can read the entire thing here:

Ski Essentials Rossignol Forza 70 V-Ti Review

JWMN

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well done. These should be stellar on groomers. Please share your thoughts when you try them, I am curious if they indeed pull as strongly into turn as they look.
I have skied the 70 Master all season and they do pull as strongly as they look like they would. One hell of a ski! Too much fun!!

Sponsor

Staff online