• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hookless Rim Concerns

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I love the complete nonsense review... And where is the tire compatibility chart!!

I dunno - made complete sense to me, for someone trying to stretch just one ride into 300 words or so :D Also, Raddlers *snort*

From last years MTB->gravel experiment I did, the tire shape thing is certainly true, though he doesn't point out the downside, namely stiffer sidewalls and more vibration.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I just liked the comment "I don't remember the Raddlers being this snappy". That's just so throwaway.. I mean it COULD be true! But..

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great, another standard!!

Well what do you expect really? With tires getting wider and wider, hoops just have to follow suit so that they stay as flush with the tyre as possible. Aero matters for some…I am told…

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I just liked the comment "I don't remember the Raddlers being this snappy". That's just so throwaway.. I mean it COULD be true! But..

I've been on Riddlers and Raddlers both - still have some I doubt I'll ever use - and they *are* relatively dead to the world for anything resembling surface feel.

But why in the name of all that proper reviewing, would you pick a tire that is like that instead of, like, actually sensitive modern rubber from any of a dozen other brands, and even something more responsive from WTB themselves?

I did understand your point - no one can call him out on what is essentially a subjective review. What I'm saying is, even for those of us who believe he had the experience he describes, it is far less than useful to have done the experience as he did.

Sponsor

Staff online