• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I did NOT know that.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
John Lennon wrote Imagine before The Beatles broke up.

Imagine could have been a Beatles song. And perhaps should have been.
Not sure all the Beatles had the same idea of the world that John Lennon put forth in the song Imagine. So it probably would not have been recorded by the Beatles.

Powder High

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure all the Beatles had the same idea of the world that John Lennon put forth in the song Imagine. So it probably would not have been recorded by the Beatles.

I disagree, but of course our opinions are wild speculation. Dozens of books have been written about the internal dynamics of the Fab Four.

I saw this in an article about a recent interview with one of the two surviving members, Ringo I believe, who said Imagine could have been a Beatles song if the group had not split up when it did.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Even though Hogan's Heroes didn't have a chronology and the last episode to be televised was "Rockets or Romance", we can know that, in story time, the actual last episode must have been "The Gold Rush".

This is because in every other episode, the steps to Klink's office were still made of wood.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Even though Hogan's Heroes didn't have a chronology and the last episode to be televised was "Rockets or Romance", we can know that, in story time, the actual last episode must have been "The Gold Rush".

This is because in every other episode, the steps to Klink's office were still made of wood.
I did not know that, I did not hear that, I see nothing!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In a Gadda Da Vida was actually supposed to be "In the garden of Eden" sung by a very drunk Doug Ingle.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In L.A. Woman, Mister Mojo Risin is an (vague) anagram for Jim Morrison.

Uncle-A

Skier
In L.A. Woman, Mister Mojo Risin is an (vague) anagram for Jim Morrison.
I just heard that on the radio the other day. It didn't surprise me considering JM had such a big ego.

James

Out There
Instructor
Jim Morrison’s dad was commander of the US carrier group involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident which led to the escalation of the US in Vietnam.
B9193122-731F-4DBB-9C21-D8558CD5E2AD.jpeg

Jim Morrison with dad on the aircraft carrier USS Bon Homme Richard.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The couple who claim to be on the iconic Woodstock poster and album cover are sadly mistaken.
BA2C9160-D8ED-4F4D-9DFA-91AB726DCDBC.jpeg

It is a close friend of mine and a woman that he met in Canada the week before the festival. They have had no contact in over 50 years, yet they tell the same story about how they met, how they came to be in that pose, and how they noticed the photographer taking their picture (her story appears in a couple of newspaper articles where she tries to set the record straight). I have seen other pictures of them and other pictures of the blanket from my friend and have no doubt about his veracity. But the legend is a cuter story and to quote (paraphrase?) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: “When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.”

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
The couple who claim to be on the iconic Woodstock poster and album cover are sadly mistaken. View attachment 194978
It is a close friend of mine and a woman that he met in Canada the week before the festival. They have had no contact in over 50 years, yet they tell the same story about how they met, how they came to be in that pose, and how they noticed the photographer taking their picture (her story appears in a couple of newspaper articles where she tries to set the record straight). I have seen other pictures of them and other pictures of the blanket from my friend and have no doubt about his veracity. But the legend is a cuter story and to quote (paraphrase?) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: “When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.”
I'm not familiar with the story that is untrue that is a "legend.'
Would you say more about that story?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Paul Bearer AKA Percyble Pringle AKA countless other wrestling characters was an actual licensed mortician before getting in to the wrestling game..

1678057156536.png

Dr Britt Baker DDS graduated U of Pittsburgh Dental School before entering the wrestling game..

1678057314888.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Paul Bearer AKA Percyble Pringle AKA countless other wrestling characters was an actual licensed mortician before getting in to the wrestling game..

View attachment 195015

Dr Britt Baker DDS graduated U of Pittsburgh Dental School before entering the wrestling game..

View attachment 195016
Maybe she had a lot of college debt to pay off, so she got into wrestling.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not familiar with the story that is untrue that is a "legend.'
Would you say more about that story?
The legend is in an above post. The reality is this link:
My friend told me the identical story years ago. The couple in the legend seem to have made their claim to fame a lifelong hobby.

Uncle-A

Skier
The woman's voice on your GPS is Karen Jacobsen an Australian native that moved to the United States. She is know as the only woman that men take directions from.

Sponsor

Staff online