• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you had to replace your daily driver (automobile) right now, what would it be?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Even in todays volatile market sometimes hard decisions need to be made. What do you have and what will you be replacing it with ... and why?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am replacing my Volkl Racetiger SC with the Blizzard Thunderbird R15 ltd. Why? Shiny New Object Syndrome? The racetigers are 5 years old, they still work, they have been my 'go to' Ontario ski, but?? I am trying to purge the closet, but I couldn't resist

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Ben on Nordica all mountain skis for a dozen years. The current daily driver is the Enforcer 88. When it is time for a change would be interested in looking into something out of Blossom for a change.
Or, whatever else makes me salivate at the time.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Having recently (October 2) done the Porsche Experience on the track down by the ATL airport, and having spent 4 hours driving the new GT3, the Turbo S, the Taycan, and the 718, I can say, unequivocally, that the Taycan is incredible. Perfect mix of fun, sport, and daily commute. Just amazing. I want one.
56D8AD24-A82A-47E9-8DF7-FD49CE885222.jpeg

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
2013 silverado 1/2 ton. Would replace with a newer silverado half ton. Would love Toyota reliability, but the Tundra is a lot more thirsty. I truly cannot function without a pickup or large SUV that can haul a trailer.

The wife is all set. Our 2021 Rav4 Hybrid is stellar. I wanted the Prime, but it was going to be six to twelve months out, the two months for what we got was enough. Averaging 43 MPG in good comfort, love the car.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh. You meant vehicles!! :doh: That a a tough one. My everyday F150 is getting on (309k) but new ones are prohibitively expensive and so are used ones. The rust is getting bad , but it runs well,so , I may have to try and hang on until all this is back to normal. I am at a point where I need new tires, so I think I'm going to have to bite the pillow and get them before winter and the upcoming rubber shortage

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have a 2008 Outback, and will most likely be replacing it with another Outback. I'd hoped to do it this fall, but with the current inventory shortages I'm not sure I'll be able to get a deal that I'm happy with. So I'll probably wait.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
This is an awesome dual-purpose thread! I currently drive my BP82s, and when the time comes maybe the Blizzard Phoenix r13 Ti.

Mazama

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My da$% Teams/Zoom video calls, with in person meetings so I can drive to work again :) In any car!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Okay, cars and stuff.
Would not change this year without a must do reason, like it got totaled. Don't have a lot of faith in the supply chains for auto companies right now and suspect there have been some real cobble-ups in the electronics department.
If I had to though; been driving a 2012 Santa Fe since it came out of the showroom and have put 160k miles on it with no meaningful complaints. Would have to look real hard at another one of these. Have spent 0 time looking at what is available, so that would be the 1st order.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
skis - Nordica Enforcer 100 - not replacing them this season. I am buying Salomon QST Blanks to replace pow skis and Salomon Stance 90s to replace hardpack/groomer skis.

car - 2019 Subaru Outback - Just paid it off so no replacement planned.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny, my lease will be up at the end of January on my Subie Forester. I intend to purchase it at the price specified on the lease, which will be an amazingly low price considering the current market. Nonetheless I keep getting offers from the dealership for updating and leasing a new Subie Forester now, same model, similar features, initially for more money, now all of the sudden for less.

My plan is to purchase, then sell it when the new Solterra comes out and there's enough history on it's reliability to make it worth my while.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Funny, my lease will be up at the end of January on my Subie Forester. I intend to purchase it at the price specified on the lease, which will be an amazingly low price considering the current market. Nonetheless I keep getting offers from the dealership for updating and leasing a new Subie Forester now, same model, similar features, initially for more money, now all of the sudden for less.

My plan is to purchase, then sell it when the new Solterra comes out and there's enough history on it's reliability to make it worth my while.
I would buy it and then sell it if the market is still this hot. Then IMHO would realize the gain. The market will catch up.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m in a 2020 Cayenne Hybrid as my daily. If I had to replace it I’d get the same thing. Great combination of performance and e-usefulness. In a couple of years I’m thinking I might switch to the upcoming all-electric Macan.

@doc how did you get a GT3 allocation? I’ll be at Porsche Experience LA (PECLA) in two weeks. I’m hoping I’ll get to drive one.

I’ve taken a Taycan S for a spin. Wow. Almost makes you forget about ICE. Almost.

Sponsor

Staff online