• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you had to replace your daily driver (automobile) right now, what would it be?

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Yukon XL is not bad for what it is, 19-21MPG whether it is empty or full, box on top or not. The Alltrak on the other hand, to Sun Valley and back, 30 MPG. With the box on to Colorado? 25MPG. Thats just terrible for a smaller car.
My 2014 suburban regularly gets 18+, sometimes low 20s on long drives. Suprisingly good.

I just rented a Nissan Armada in Utah; it was a gas hog. I filled it 3x over two weeks (I think 20 gal tank). Never drove farther than Snowbasin out of Cottonwood Heights. Never really liked that vehicle in the first place, but that put a nail in it for ever wondering about it again.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier

If you had to replace your daily driver (automobile) right now, what would it be?​

I swapped my 17 Outback with my wifes Lexus RX350 FWD for my recent Summit Co. trip. She needed the OB to haul pup around while I'm gone. Thin Michelin front tires did fantastic on snow and ice and no problems. Snow mode trans switch worked great. The 11 RX is fantastic on highways. Our plan is to gift Subie to niece, buy wife new Highlander Hybrid and I'll take the RX and throw snows or 3flake at's. If income rises.....new Maverick Lariat small AWD pickup for me and pup.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I really don't know, I love my wrx for daily driving, but I'd love to have something with more control over the AWD. But I'm pretty particular to hot hatches lately, so really I can't see anything that's not a Subi platform, or maybe a Focus RS.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Tough one but the answer would be Stockli Stormrider 88 to replace my stormrider 85 motions. The nela isn't for me so the SR 88 is the next choice.

Car I'd get another Subaru Crosstrek limited in sunshine orange (my exact same car) or I'd get a Subaru Forester limited in autumn green.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I really don't know, I love my wrx for daily driving, but I'd love to have something with more control over the AWD. But I'm pretty particular to hot hatches lately, so really I can't see anything that's not a Subi platform, or maybe a Focus RS.
I'm in the process of doing this now. Moving to a quiver:
Summer C6 Corvette; I also like hot hatchbacks ;) - not much room left in the hatch with the t-top in there though.
Winter 2012 Mazda 3 GT.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
The Euro is down to $1 today. Time to buy a BMW?

dm

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Replaced Outback with Crossie Premium....sadly highest trim with manual trans. I like Magnetite Gray but will go blue or white next time.
Car I'd get another Subaru Crosstrek limited in sunshine orange (my exact same car) or I'd get a Subaru Forester limited in autumn green.
IMG20220521201834.jpg

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Can I get a rocket box for that?

dm

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Consider the GR Corolla. The AWD system sounds fun as you can send 70% of the power to the rear wheels. Sadly, the back seat is too small for me.

Sponsor

Staff online