• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon Pass Dato-metrics

Phredman

The Flying Highlighter
Skier
My Fellow Skiers,

With ikon 23/24 passes going on sale today, I’m trying to find the best time to purchase my pass. That said, I have to wait a few weeks to be able to foot it financially. Anyone know (around) when the first price increase will take place, or have a rough estimate? I know they increase in October but forget if they increase it after spring/before summer. Any insight is helpful! Thanks.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The price increases are all artificial deadlines drive sales not because they are running out of supply.

As a result, they will message and market when the price increases are coming.

So best price is now, but you'll hear about it with at least a couple weeks lead time before it goes up... hearing about it is the whole point of the price increases, not really the incremental profit.

TS
Phredman

Phredman

The Flying Highlighter
Skier
The price increases are all artificial deadlines drive sales not because they are running out of supply.

As a result, they will message and market when the price increases are coming.

So best price is now, but you'll hear about it with at least a couple weeks lead time before it goes up... hearing about it is the whole point of the price increases, not really the incremental profit.
Appreciate you. I’ll stay in the look out.

TonyPlush

Out on the slopes
Skier
There was a website a while back that tracked all the historical price increases, for both Epic and Ikon. Anyone remember?

TS
Phredman

Phredman

The Flying Highlighter
Skier
You can buy it now and spread the payments out over 3, 6, or 12 months. Zero interest for some plans. Worth looking into if finances are tight.
Yes, thank you! I had to wait until some payments cleared on other things I had on BNPL, as they wanted me to put down $418 and I couldn't swing it, but I looked again Monday and they lowered it to $213. So I was able to pick a 6-month payment plan and avoid interest as well as reap the renewal discount. I was worried about losing the renewal discount and then also having to foot the extra cost after the price increases tomorrow. That would have likely meant a higher downpayment as well! Just glad I was able to snag it before 4/21.

Honestly, I was more surprised at how quickly the Indy Pass came and went--I think it went on sale after April 1 and if I recall went off sale a week or so ago...I guess if you can't get to the epic/ikon mtns or only wanna ski a couple weekends a year, it makes way more sense. I was gonna try and get Indy as well, but wanted to lock in my IKON first and wasnt able to snag it in time. Skier Problems...

TS
Phredman

Phredman

The Flying Highlighter
Skier
^ This: https://parksandtrips.com/current-historic-ikon-lift-pass-prices/

But the more interesting question is when they have price increases during each year. IIRC, there's been a price increase in May and then another some time in the summer. Though the May increase may only be eliminating the renewal discount.
Precisely what I was looking for, some sort of retroactive analysis of when they occurred. This year they've upped the ante a bit both in terms of the pace at which the price is going to go up (4/21 for the first bump, plus expiration of renewal discount), as well as cost (I think the starting price for the highest tier pass was like 14% higher this year than last). I was thinking about why they took this course of action, and my bold prediction is that they're anticipating to sell fewer passes than last year. From my experience this year, I think a lot of skiers/SBs who bought IKON/EPIC in years past didn't use them as much this past season (I have 5 friends who bought full passes and went skiing 3-4 times this year) and are rethinking whether the whole pass makes sense, over a local or 4-day jaunt. That, plus all the noise about lines and whatnot, will push casual skiers and riders away from making a purchase of IKON/EPIC's financial caliber. That's not to say there won't be a ton that are sold, but I think the pandemic-driven surge in people choosing to ski or learn to do so is waning and will affect pass sales of EPIC and IKON. Indy Pass' lower price point inherently mitigates that issue and the fact that it's sold out further bolsters my argument. Just my hypothesis!

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
^ I could tell the exact opposite story, which is that resorts and Ikon expect demand and sales to be stronger this year. Resorts are demanding higher payouts sooner to make it worth their while, so Ikon has reacted. The short discount period allows them to sell without much price increase to the true loyals and charge a higher price to those uncertain. Timing pressure "prices won't last!" is time tested to drive early sales, which is their goal here.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Just curious. Has anyone received any emails about purchasing next season's Ikon Pass? I checked. I haven't received a single email from Ikon since I complained to them about this season's pass. I had an injury that I knew was going to screw up this season, so I reached out to them a week before the deferral deadline in December. I forgot to follow up and their reply came back to me on 12/18 one day after the deadline passed. The email just said thanks for your request, but the deadline was yesterday. I of course replied that I was just slightly pissed off as I emailed on the 11th asking for the deferral.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

April 11 24 email:
Polaroids

Countdown Clock
Hurry, there is only 1 week left to lock in spring’s lowest prices for as low as $0 down and 0% APR.* Renew your Ikon Pass to claim up to $100 in renewal discounts before prices go up $110 and savings end April 18.

ADKq_NY62wn8oa-mCXHPXWy54PvYZphuD1Bcla1H4hUvaVv47wNxkVRPAbBMErzzvzUuQLrUgY-QIjEgQHY98pQfkEbWvbipA2PiU17_bcXUuF6LrXQigRDZ-TxIaQGAifQpZuyjmpin1kmBIYbRvzArUyWjJn2GmllGX2gslQfWdo8V5vTsiQ=s0-d-e1-ft

ADKq_NbqU7TPd1EcWtuv8_iQCKX9U075A5Q0tv-uJWwIDrQEUV8IhZQFgqvIc-rFYgfTXZ9ycSgYgOTNWfCMsu6VO5a-d67KGZbLRBPZBJa_C-qUQDnGlWvQqsc0TUsjA3l5YunMg54Q5yM_UywB0VWYj1f_EkSV0DHxBK3UoeeLYXex8yNndQ=s0-d-e1-ft
EXCLUSIVE $100 SAVINGS
Renew your Ikon Pass to claim up to $100 in renewal discounts.

ADKq_Nb02Lj9iAukSZUWsC7my4dGXCUCKi9hyflnk5SxLLIXBBU5i-QcTVQjwxsOgOefSnkbGfRg5FdWln_kI5tX-1Qv8Bukuq71EwAyUy7zdPVXe0ABTrlQ_Dt84wBMNIAM2DWhEQ9iWsW905b2dmNoCkb4DjiqBpV5WLY=s0-d-e1-ft
SAVE ON CHILD PASSES
Save up to $200 on child passes.

ADKq_NaVaC-QaUkgl9YEFmIsEZxhMlR5MnJ5NpUleNQqMpJCJbY0u4mSSkYaQ0TwXqQcxl0FrK6xGoSrHOGBNoc3MyPMHyvRiw9iy1SXQM2phHGR8Yj6BR3THu5n353C51tc7FF_DKMMF0A1SMqXrdH_i8nbmhtROL4UxVs=s0-d-e1-ft
PAYMENT PLAN AS LOW AS 0% APR*
Lock in your Ikon Pass for as low as $0 down & 0% APR.

+ Get Peak Perks including Friends & family lift tickets, first tracks, lodging deals, gear discounts, memberships, & more.

Ikon Pass Logo
SEEK UNIQUE AT 50+ DESTINATIONS

*Rates from 0-36% APR. 0% APR promo is valid until April 18, 2024. For example, a $700 purchase might cost $63.18/mo over 12 months at 15% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available everywhere, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. For licenses and disclosures, see affirm.com/licenses. **All prices in USD.

© 2024 Ikon Pass, Inc.
3501 Wazee St #400
Denver, CO 80216
IkonPass.com

Paint brush effect

Also got an email March 14 announcing on sale now and March 7th going on sale...

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

April 4 24 email:

Good times, best price. 2 weeks left to save.
The good times go deep with limited-time savings for as low as $0 down and 0% APR.* Renew your Ikon Pass to claim up to $100 in renewal discounts before prices go up $110 and savings end April 18.
Two weeks left to save

New Destination Added

PEAK HAUTE: ST. MORITZ

New to the crew, Ikon Pass welcomes the stunning scenes of St. Moritz, where nine majestic areas in Switzerland await exploration. Experience the haute peaks of St. Moritz and its sports heritage cherished since the iconic 1928 and 1948 Winter Olympics.

St Moritz

Plane sticker

Engadin Airport
Nearest Airport
Ski sticker

Trails
Mountain sticker

Skiable Areas

Ikon Pass Logo

*Rates from 0-36% APR. 0% APR promo is valid until April 18, 2024. For example, a $700 purchase might cost $63.18/mo over 12 months at 15% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available everywhere, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. For licenses and disclosures, see affirm.com/licenses. **All prices in USD.

© 2024 Ikon Pass, Inc.
3501 Wazee St #400
Denver, CO 80216
IkonPass.com

Paint brush effect

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just curious. Has anyone received any emails about purchasing next season's Ikon Pass? I checked. I haven't received a single email from Ikon since I complained to them about this season's pass. I had an injury that I knew was going to screw up this season, so I reached out to them a week before the deferral deadline in December. I forgot to follow up and their reply came back to me on 12/18 one day after the deadline passed. The email just said thanks for your request, but the deadline was yesterday. I of course replied that I was just slightly pissed off as I emailed on the 11th asking for the deferral.
Yes I'm getting the marketing emails pretty frequently now as the deadline for first deadline is 4/18 for renewals and kids benefit!
I got an email on the 4/5 4/9 4/11, 4/12, 4/13
The info and countdown is also on the website.

Jersey Skier

Skier

April 11 24 email:
Polaroids

Countdown Clock
Hurry, there is only 1 week left to lock in spring’s lowest prices for as low as $0 down and 0% APR.* Renew your Ikon Pass to claim up to $100 in renewal discounts before prices go up $110 and savings end April 18.

ADKq_NY62wn8oa-mCXHPXWy54PvYZphuD1Bcla1H4hUvaVv47wNxkVRPAbBMErzzvzUuQLrUgY-QIjEgQHY98pQfkEbWvbipA2PiU17_bcXUuF6LrXQigRDZ-TxIaQGAifQpZuyjmpin1kmBIYbRvzArUyWjJn2GmllGX2gslQfWdo8V5vTsiQ=s0-d-e1-ft

ADKq_NbqU7TPd1EcWtuv8_iQCKX9U075A5Q0tv-uJWwIDrQEUV8IhZQFgqvIc-rFYgfTXZ9ycSgYgOTNWfCMsu6VO5a-d67KGZbLRBPZBJa_C-qUQDnGlWvQqsc0TUsjA3l5YunMg54Q5yM_UywB0VWYj1f_EkSV0DHxBK3UoeeLYXex8yNndQ=s0-d-e1-ft
EXCLUSIVE $100 SAVINGS
Renew your Ikon Pass to claim up to $100 in renewal discounts.

ADKq_Nb02Lj9iAukSZUWsC7my4dGXCUCKi9hyflnk5SxLLIXBBU5i-QcTVQjwxsOgOefSnkbGfRg5FdWln_kI5tX-1Qv8Bukuq71EwAyUy7zdPVXe0ABTrlQ_Dt84wBMNIAM2DWhEQ9iWsW905b2dmNoCkb4DjiqBpV5WLY=s0-d-e1-ft
SAVE ON CHILD PASSES
Save up to $200 on child passes.

ADKq_NaVaC-QaUkgl9YEFmIsEZxhMlR5MnJ5NpUleNQqMpJCJbY0u4mSSkYaQ0TwXqQcxl0FrK6xGoSrHOGBNoc3MyPMHyvRiw9iy1SXQM2phHGR8Yj6BR3THu5n353C51tc7FF_DKMMF0A1SMqXrdH_i8nbmhtROL4UxVs=s0-d-e1-ft
PAYMENT PLAN AS LOW AS 0% APR*
Lock in your Ikon Pass for as low as $0 down & 0% APR.

+ Get Peak Perks including Friends & family lift tickets, first tracks, lodging deals, gear discounts, memberships, & more.

Ikon Pass Logo

© 2024 Ikon Pass, Inc.
3501 Wazee St #400
Denver, CO 80216
IkonPass.com

Paint brush effect

Maybe they'll send me that one day after the deadline passes.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Yes I'm getting the marketing emails pretty frequently now as the deadline for first deadline is 4/18 for renewals and kids benefit!
I got an email on the 4/5 4/9 4/11, 4/12, 4/13
The info and countdown is also on the website.
I'm guessing after I complained they just hit unsubscribe for me.

Jersey Skier

Skier
I did login to my account and put some pass products into my cart but didn't checkout, so that could've established me as a customer close to buying

I'm technically still a customer as I have an unused pass from this season. I also used to get constant emails from them. I had just noticed in another thread that the deadline was approaching so searched my emails and was saw that there was nothing since 2023.

There is a notice on my account page of the deadline coming.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've had constant bombardments by both email and text, and that includes after I renewed already. I deferred this past season, and will say that it took me a while to find where and how to do it on their site. In between the first time I looked for how to do it and when I actually figured it out I also wrote to them, and it took about a week for them to get back to me so I was glad I hadn't waited for a response and kept trying to figure it out. If it were me, I'd reach out to them again doing my best to dig up a repentant tone, and beseech them to kindly reconsider your deferral credit in light of the fact that you had written to them in what you had considered to be a reasonable amount time before the deadline indicating your intent to defer, and have not used the pass at all this season. Perhaps throw in an apology for your unseemly outburst born of frustration of both the fact that you would not be able to ski this season and your struggles with the deferral process for good measure. What do you have to lose?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm technically still a customer as I have an unused pass from this season. I also used to get constant emails from them. I had just noticed in another thread that the deadline was approaching so searched my emails and was saw that there was nothing since 2023.

There is a notice on my account page of the deadline coming.
My Ikon emails have been going directly to spam. Check there if you haven't. They didn't use to go there.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got a card in the mail which offered a $50.00 discount before the 4/18 cutoff date which drops the base pass down to the current renewal rate. We didn't get the pass last year, but we've gotten it for the past few years, which is probably why they made this offer. We're currently juggling our home mountain passes (my wife didn't use hers much because of the poor season), the IKON (which one) and possibly the Epic (friends have gotten this). The deadlines are all in the next few days for the best pricing/financing so we've got to get our butts in gear.

We've also got our IKON $20.00 covid year credit (BFD!) which expires this year.....................

Sponsor

Staff online