• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
I started the season with a new knee and wondering if I could ski.
Things are working very well so I decided to upgrade the fleet.
Now that the season is over, I'm looking at two pair of Blossom White Outs.
One at 170 with a 10mm Marker Piston Plate and Excel 16 bindings.
One at 175 with a 14 mm Marker Piston Plate and Excel 16 bindings.
The 170's have the plate in the soft slalom position and the 175's have the plate in the GS position.
Quite the pain in the ass to get, these things, Blossom builds them to order when they don't have anything else to do and staff their shipping department with retired clowns.
But, they are the straightest skies I have ever purchased.

Edges come at 1/3 and are reasonably but not super sharp for shipping.
Base grind is a chevron pattern that isn't very common in the US.
Some say it is a GS pattern that isn't great for acceleration but has great top end.
IMG_1360.JPG

I really like the rounded tails that will keep you from getting caught in a turn.
IMG_1353.JPG

The binding setup is pretty compact and I like the color.
IMG_1365.JPG

Italian stuff, be it Blossom, or Ducati or Ferrari just looks, well, Italian.
The brushed finish tops on these are typical.
Much prettier than I am and I'm not looking happy knowing I will not ski these until next season.
Let the wax saturation begin.
IMG_1359.JPG

Heluva Skier did a review of these skis that is much better than anything I could do.

James

Out There
Instructor
So you bought 2 pair?
You get them from that shop in Montreal or direct from Blossom?

TS
D

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Sorry to tell you but your bindings are mounted backwards.
That gave me a start.....
it's really the boots, they are for folks that can't tell left from right so they are unifit........
Skis are from Montreal distributor through eBay.
Honest people but there are communication problems somewhere along the line.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You're not gonna like the 170s. May as well just ship them this way now.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Kästle has been taken over by the ConsilSport Group, a Czech investment company that also owns the Czech ski manufacture Sporten, production will likely move to the Czech Republic in the near future. So you might not be the only one kicking the Kästle habit.

I don’t know how Blossom manages to survive, even in Italy their skis are very difficult to find.

JMD

Getting on the lift
Skier
My Blossom White Outs arrived earlier this week. Ordered from Gennaro at Griffintown Sports the Canadian E-Bay Seller. Total time from ordering to delivery was 31 days. After reading the average time for delivery on Pugski and the PMTS web site I knew it would take about this long. I ordered the ski with bindings and received a set of Tyrolia PRD12 Grip Walk Bindings with the Powerail Plate already mounted. Although made by Head/Tyrolia the Powerail Plate is branded/marked as a Blossom Plate. Very satisfied with the new skis. Looking forward to skiing/beaching with the Mothers Day Gathering Group at A-Basin. JMD

James

Out There
Instructor
My Blossom White Outs arrived earlier this week. Ordered from Gennaro at Griffintown Sports the Canadian E-Bay Seller. Total time from ordering to delivery was 31 days. After reading the average time for delivery on Pugski and the PMTS web site I knew it would take about this long. I ordered the ski with bindings and received a set of Tyrolia PRD12 Grip Walk Bindings with the Powerail Plate already mounted. Although made by Head/Tyrolia the Powerail Plate is branded/marked as a Blossom Plate. Very satisfied with the new skis. Looking forward to skiing/beaching with the Mothers Day Gathering Group at A-Basin. JMD
Can one physically go to the store in Montreal and purchase?
Anyone know what customs duties are?

JMD

Getting on the lift
Skier
Although Griffintown lists several sets of skis available on the E-Bay site to the best of my knowledge they do not keep in stock any of the Blossom skis. When ordered/payed for they then order them from the Italian Blossom Factory. Blossom then makes the skis shipping them to Canada. Griffintown then ships them to the customer. This explains the long wait time for a new pair. Hopefully after having a stronger demand this year, next year they might pre-order a number of sets allowing for a quicker delivery time. You can call them at +1 514-387-7387 with any questions. I was not charged any custom duties.

Last edited:

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Kästle has been taken over by the ConsilSport Group, a Czech investment company that also owns the Czech ski manufacture Sporten, production will likely move to the Czech Republic in the near future.

When did that happen?

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Kästle has been taken over by the ConsilSport Group, a Czech investment company that also owns the Czech ski manufacture Sporten, production will likely move to the Czech Republic in the near future. So you might not be the only one kicking the Kästle habit.
Well all good things end at some point, anyone have any info on tho company??

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not over! Still hoarding a Sugarloaf voucher, and the sleet and freezing rain keep adding thin layers to the lovely ice base, sort of like dipping a candle.

James

Out There
Instructor

Sponsor

Staff online