• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Killington 2020-2021

James

Out There
Instructor
10 March Killington Report
Spring kicked into high gear with lots of fun in the sun. Headed down to Bear from the peak to start with the West facing trails. Slightly hard snow at the start quickly turned soft underfoot. Morning laps were our reward for a surviving another winter. Dropped into Snowshed were an old friend that we used to ski everyday with was out showcasing his recovered from a stoke ski form. There really are some skiers that need those up front blue signed parking spots. Afternoon soft had us breaking at the tailgate for a box of wine and a cold beer.

Quote of the Day - Funny thing the I now find dynamic balance is easier than static.

View attachment 127410 Pipe Dream View attachment 127411 Snowshed View attachment 127412 Tailgate Winetime
What ski did you use today?

James

Out There
Instructor
Thinking Saturday you’ll be on the Stockli SC’s? Looking like it’ll be back to frozen dinners.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Springtime thaw refreeze cycle kicks in. Soft corn pops at Bear first. First real cold day following the warm is the worst.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Guy in shorts, what base lodge will you park at tomorrow, I will be at kton sometime after 10 am tomorrow. Will stop by and say hello if your around.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
17 March Killington Report
Lots of sunshine highlighted the green colored St Paddy's Day fun seekers. Slightly firm winter snow surfaces quickly turned into delightful spring soft. Warmed up on East Fall before heading off to lap the Bear pod. Fairly light turnout continuing the normal trend of few and fewer skiers as the weather gets nicer. Hung out at the top of Highline at noon and we were rewarded as the race crew dropped the rope. Carved a few laps on the smooth velvet of the newly opened slope.

Quote of the Day - My legs need a beer.

IMG_0830.jpg Superstar IMG_0834.jpg Highline IMG_0838.jpg Beer Time

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
17 March Killington Report
Lots of sunshine highlighted the green colored St Paddy's Day fun seekers. Slightly firm winter snow surfaces quickly turned into delightful spring soft. Warmed up on East Fall before heading off to lap the Bear pod. Fairly light turnout continuing the normal trend of few and fewer skiers as the weather gets nicer. Hung out at the top of Highline at noon and we were rewarded as the race crew dropped the rope. Carved a few laps on the smooth velvet of the newly opened slope.

Quote of the Day - My legs need a beer.

View attachment 128380 Superstar View attachment 128381 Highline View attachment 128382 Beer Time
Seems like the local race teams were visiting Killington the last few days? Lots of race skis parked along Great Northern next to the parking lot near you and Highline seems busier than normal. Monday and Tuesday were firmer and I joined in spirit with my cheater GS skis to rip up the groomers, but yesterday we went back to the all mtn skis and hit some of the easier bump runs. We finished the day down Great Bear where we encountered the largest ice turds I've ever seen. They looked like ice cores from Antarctica!

My favorite and oft used quote concerning beer: "My legs are getting thirsty!"

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@ScottB Not yet, remodeling efforts with scheduling and a semi-nasty stupid fall on my part have mucked up our ski plans this week. Our vaccinated daughter and fiancee (healthcare workers) arrive tomorrow for their ski week, albeit spring skiing which neither has ever done, which may delay us further. We have been hitting the warm up black mogul runs and will wait for a good picnic day!

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Anyone up there today? Thinking about heading up in the morning. Wondering how soft it is getting.

SkiVt

Booting up
Pass Pulled
3C468EFF-312C-46C3-886D-F4CE3E3F6A52.jpeg With almost 3/4 of their trees still open it’s going to be an amazing week and probably last for trees sans new snow; we have room if anyone wants a cheap place to stay

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
22March Killington Report
Sunshine rained down on the mountain with a passion. Trio of sweet spring days has been the rule since we closed out winter last week. Initial groomed firm on the high ground lead us to a just perfectly baked Lower East Fall that had us returning for a repeat. Hit Pipe Dream a tad early as it was still a little set -up. Upper to Middle to Lower Needles run was pretty stellar. Waiting for some trails to soften as others melt away was the tale of day. Bagged a Conclusion right before cocktails at the slope side bar that friends had put up.

Quote of the Day - I've been waiting a year and a half for a spring day.

IMG_0868.jpg Highline IMG_0848.jpg Conclusion 164057757_4140992142602320_1921692324338595316_o.jpg Guy In Shorts

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Conclusion
164057757_4140992142602320_1921692324338595316_o.jpg

What a great photo!
I'm a bit of a helmet zealot most of the time, but that picture makes me admit that there has been a cost for added safety.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I heard they are still making snow on the cold nights? And on a lot of trails, not just Superstar. ??

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I heard they are still making snow on the cold nights? And on a lot of trails, not just Superstar. ??
Yes, mountain ops was making snow on many different trails around the resort last week. Looking to spread folks out. Our last six weeks of daily lift operation until they drop to the Friday to Monday weekend mode for May.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
What does monday to friday weekend mode mean?
Should have been Friday to Sunday which means resort closes starting Monday May 3 thru May 6 then reopens for Friday the 7th thru Sunday the 9th. Then closes then next Monday thru Thursday reopening on Fridays for the month of May or until the snow runs out.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
In May... OK, I think it is going to be an earlier closing than it has been over the past five years. (based on nothing)

Sponsor

Staff online