• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Long-Term Test: 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
IF I ski tomorrow it wil be at Park City...I have to be on the road by 12 to get to Steamboat, any later @Ron will get nervous.

?????????????????????????????????? I most likely wont be home when you get here, I told you I will leave the bourbon out.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
?????????????????????????????????? I most likely wont be home when you get here, I told you I will leave the bourbon out.
il_214x170.864019791_1hi4.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I took the 93's out in the 10 plus inches of heavy mank on A-Basin's East Wall and they performed jsut as I woudl have hoped and that is all well and good but it was a blast getting them on the wind buff is where they were a blast and with minimal limitations.

Trout Bum

Booting up
Skier
It's time to provide my feedback on the new 93 after 11 days of skiing it in a variety of conditions.
First my equipment setup...I ski the Dalbello Krypton Pro with the 130 tongue with the 8mm shim of forward lean and a factory intuition liner. I absolutely love the lowered heel ramp in this boot any after skiing a number of other brands won't switch for the world. The 93's are 185cm mounted with a pair of Look Pivot 14 bindings.
Out of the wrapper, I checked the factory tune and found it inconsistent. (not typical of other Nordica's I have skied). The tips were slightly edge high and I tuned them to a 1 degree on the base to 2 degree on the base. (my normal tune on a wider ski).
I own a pair of the 100's and have skied them around 35 days and absolutely love them. My skiing style is I am a fall line skier and and love short tight carves turns. I try to stay on edge as much as possible. My first days were on smooth firm groomers and was impressed how well the 93's held. I never once felt I would loose an edge. Mind you, I wasn't skiing on pure ice but on black diamond rated runs. It doesn't carve the precise turns of my Blizzard X8 skis but is certainly give it a high mark. There have been a couple of comments about the ski having a vague tip which I honestly don't understand what they mean. What I really feel is the positive feel at the tip and tail contact points. Even though the rockered tip does vibrate up and down, I never felt the ski get unstable, squirrely or bounce around. I thought it tracked very well. I also have skied the 93's in 4-5" of POW and 2-3" of spring corn. In both types of snow I again felt they skied well. The float was adequate for a ski of this width and you could still carve in slush without the ski deflecting as long as you stayed centered on the ski with a a little extra bend at the waist.
All in all the 93 is a nice ski especially for a skier who wishes a more forgiving ride then the 100's. The bottom line for me is the 100 does everything the 93 does just better.
Nordica is pinning high hopes on the new model and I predict the magazine testers will give it great reviews but i is not the ski the 100 is.

Trout Bum

Trout Bum

Booting up
Skier
It's time to provide my feedback on the new 93 after 11 days of skiing it in a variety of conditions.
First my equipment setup...I ski the Dalbello Krypton Pro with the 130 tongue with the 8mm shim of forward lean and a factory intuition liner. I absolutely love the lowered heel ramp in this boot any after skiing a number of other brands won't switch for the world. The 93's are 185cm mounted with a pair of Look Pivot 14 bindings.
Out of the wrapper, I checked the factory tune and found it inconsistent. (not typical of other Nordica's I have skied). The tips were slightly edge high and I tuned them to a 1 degree on the base to 2 degree on the base. (my normal tune on a wider ski).
I own a pair of the 100's and have skied them around 35 days and absolutely love them. My skiing style is I am a fall line skier and and love short tight carves turns. I try to stay on edge as much as possible. My first days were on smooth firm groomers and was impressed how well the 93's held. I never once felt I would loose an edge. Mind you, I wasn't skiing on pure ice but on black diamond rated runs. It doesn't carve the precise turns of my Blizzard X8 skis but is certainly give it a high mark. There have been a couple of comments about the ski having a vague tip which I honestly don't understand what they mean. What I really feel is the positive feel at the tip and tail contact points. Even though the rockered tip does vibrate up and down, I never felt the ski get unstable, squirrely or bounce around. I thought it tracked very well. I also have skied the 93's in 4-5" of POW and 2-3" of spring corn. In both types of snow I again felt they skied well. The float was adequate for a ski of this width and you could still carve in slush without the ski deflecting as long as you stayed centered on the ski with a a little extra bend at the waist.
All in all the 93 is a nice ski especially for a skier who wishes a more forgiving ride then the 100's. The bottom line for me is the 100 does everything the 93 does just better.
Nordica is pinning high hopes on the new model and I predict the magazine testers will give it great reviews but i is not the ski the 100 is.

Trout Bum
To clarify my post since the edit option is not available, my base bevel is 1 degree and the side bevel is 2. The skis are mounted boot sole center. I think for my skiing style I would prefer the mount to be 1 cm forward.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
.I ski the Dalbello Krypton Pro with the 130 tongue with the 8mm shim of forward lean and a factory intuition liner. I absolutely love the lowered heel ramp in this boot any after skiing a number of other brands won't switch for the world. Trout Bum

A bit of thread drift, but could you expand on why you like the lower heel ramp? I ski Fischer Progressor 13 which is also a very low heel ramp and I had to put a bit more forward lean on them (looks like you did too w/ 8mm shim). Now I like them, but always interested in the A/B on things like that.

I should add that I skied a Krypton Pro previously. Liked the boot a lot, but the Fischer fits my foot better (ymmv of course).

Trout Bum

Booting up
Skier
A bit of thread drift, but could you expand on why you like the lower heel ramp? I ski Fischer Progressor 13 which is also a very low heel ramp and I had to put a bit more forward lean on them (looks like you did too w/ 8mm shim). Now I like them, but always interested in the A/B on things like that.

I should add that I skied a Krypton Pro previously. Liked the boot a lot, but the Fischer fits my foot better (ymmv of course).
Skibob I would be happy to share my take on the benefits of a lower heel ramp...in time as the spring like weather we are having in Trout Land has turned most of our mtn into full blown CORN and a man has to have his priorities...so let me get back to you along with so more input on the the 93's I have logged some more days on.:daffy:

Trout Bum

Booting up
Skier
Skibob I would be happy to share my take on the benefits of a lower heel ramp...in time as the spring like weather we are having in Trout Land has turned most of our mtn into full blown CORN and a man has to have his priorities...so let me get back to you along with so more input on the the 93's I have logged some more days on.:daffy:

Skibob, I have a little time to go into the reasons I prefer a boot with a lower heel ramp like the Krypton Pro. It certainly isn't a radical concept or a marketing gimmick when you think about it and have a chance to actually ski the boot with a lower heel ramp with modern shaped rockered skis. I am on my third season with the Krytons and have close to 300 days on them. I also happy to report that I have had absolutely no noticeable compression on my Intuition liners.
As I have posted previously, all 5 models of skis I ski on a regular basis have a far amount of sidecut and rocker (with exception of my Blizzard X8 which still has a slight amount of tip rocker).
The thing with a lower heel ramp is your feet are in a relaxed neutral position in the middle on the ski.

8ee677b3120d26459fd3a72930641b19e555af68.png

As you can see from this diagram you are centered balanced to improve balanced and symmetrical edge-to-edge movement patterns; especially with all new ski shapes, camber and rocker designs. That being said. There is no need to press forward or unweight the ski to initiate a carved turn. Due to the enormous shovel and shape, you don't need to press forward to engage the tip of the ski, all you have to do to put it on its edge is apply lateral pressure. Not only will standing in the middle of the ski allow you to make the most of its construction and technology, you will also be in a position where you are held up my your bone structure instead of your muscles, which is far stronger and less tiring. The steeper the ramp angle, the more the skier is artificially tipped forward where the body can be rapidly forced out of balance.
My in laws are the most passionate and dedicated skiers I know. They are both professional Instructors/PSIA testers in the Rocky Mtn Region during our winter and when finished in the states spend the other half of the year teaching skiing in NZ We've have had many discussions on this subject and the bottom line is if you are center balanced in a natural position in the middle of a shaped ski, you really only need to think about skiing the boot and not the ski. There is very little fore or aft movement and mostly lateral all relating to a lower heel ramp. The other reason I am so fond on my Kryton Pros, is because of the 3 piece shell, they are much stiffer laterally then most other boots.
In closing , here is a link into a very good article on the subject; https://aussieskier.com/blogs/aussi...rn-boots-ramp-angle-and-forward-lean-geometry
Sorry to be so long winded and I hope the Mods won't deactivate me for going off topic.
OBTY this is what has been keeping me from posting a reply sooner;

FullSizeRenderccc.jpg

Trout Bum:crash:

Attachments

• 8ee677b3120d26459fd3a72930641b19e555af68.png
    8ee677b3120d26459fd3a72930641b19e555af68.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From @Alexzn....
Nordica Enforcer 93 185 (black prototypes). Nordica hit this one out of the park (at least for me). I took it to one of the Mt. Rose chutes right away, on the first run (and I never been in the chutes before), which shows that I immediately felt at home on that ski. everything on it just worked very well together, the rocker, the shape, the flex, the tail shape that you could feel, but yet release when needed. I went almost full speed down one of the soft groomer, and the ski was total delight, positive engagement, great edge hold in the turn (soft snow though), good turn finish and a pretty damp ride on a fairly bumpy afternoon groomer. Bumps also work very well, the tail is not punishing and again works well with the flex. Compared to FX95HP it lacks the aforementioned "point and shoot” quality of the Kastle, the edge hold and the dampness are a less refined, but for the price its a terrific ski, and probably a lot more than you would expect. I would not mind owning one.

One note of caution-most of the skis were mounted with Aattack demo bindings, which are probably the nicest demo bindings I have seen, but still feel wobbly, which detracted from the overall experience, especially in the Chutes. The bases were also ground with a very fine structure that clearly didn’t work in today’s snow- the ski was sticking like crazy (maybe more o the weather’s fault). I will update after more skiing tomorrow, but so far it’s on my list of contenders for the ski-of-the-year-category. A total home run for Nordica.
I got a text from him that he doesn't want to give them back too soon. I think he likes them.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
guys ramp angle is based on body geometer y and nothing else. Low ramp angle is for people with tibias that are longer than their femurs.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
guys ramp angle is based on body geometer y and nothing else. Low ramp angle is for people with tibias that are longer than their femurs.

Agreed. Being "stacked" as @Trout Bum described is critical for all the reasons he listed, but a low ramp angle does not ensure that for every body type.

Trout Bum

Booting up
Skier
guys ramp angle is based on body geometer y and nothing else. Low ramp angle is for people with tibias that are longer than their femurs.[/QUOTE

Of interest is the fact that two years ago Head reduced the ramp angle of the boot board in their Raptor line of ski boots (the boot Ligety uses and the most successful boot on the WC) from 6 degrees to 4 degrees. Something about “more ankle flexion” and they aren't the only company lowering the heel of the zeppa. I guess the majority of people on the planet that ski have longer tibias then femurs.

Trout Bum

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Yes, I like them:thumb:. From comparing the shape with the 100 mm Enforcer it looks like the 93 has less rocker and a more hard-snow oriented tail shape and that's what hooked me in a lot. That ski was such a blast to ski on the groomers at Rose and it was no slouch in the chunky snow in the Chutes either. I had one of those runs when you see people instinctively get out of the way, yet you feel in full control. I have a feeling that I would probably prefer the 93 to the regular Enforcer. It has a Bonafide-ish feel, but more organic, smoother and less raw power. More after next weekend.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
well Trout bum its a ratio not what longer. I actually have femur that are longer than tib by 3cm. Up right boots mean that as my leg flexes isbring my COM behind my BOS.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The E93 is with out a doubt stiffer in the mid body and tail than the E100. I still wish it was stiffer but I am a freak.

I like the Bonafide flex pattern better but the shape of the E93 is superior IMO.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
The E93 is with out a doubt stiffer in the mid body and tail than the E100. I still wish it was stiffer but I am a freak.

I like the Bonafide flex pattern better but the shape of the E93 is superior IMO.

That's what I like about it. It's a serious ski. So, do you like the 93 more than the wider Enforcer?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I do, but I spent 2 runs on on the E100 which seems short but normally I can tell if Ill like a ski with in 2 turns.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So any comparative thoughts on Enforcer 93 vs SR95 or FX95-HP ?

Sponsor

Staff online