• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking at E-bikes

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
It's really purtty!
New bike.jpg

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
And thanks everyone for your suggestions and guidance. We have 3 shops in town. I went to one Friday afternoon. They have Trek. But I felt like I was getting a bit of a snow job. The Gazelle came from Doug's. And were they busy on a rainy Saturday. This bike came with all the bells (literally) and whistles. The only extra I needed to get was the water bottle holder. Fenders, chain guard, kick stand, lights and the bell were all included. Those would have been extra on the Trek. And the manager delivered it for me as we couldn't get it in the Buick Encore. Got to look at how I might move this....no trailer hitch. And this is going to be too heavy to lift on top. Problem for another day.

While I was there, 3 former ski instructors I taught with came in for stuff. J was picking up a new bike for her granddaughter. We had fun "pinking" it out for her. Pink pedals, pink handlebar covers, pink water bottle holder and good lights, but not pink.

And like a good Ski Diva, I ordered a new Smith helmet to match the bike.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Re: hitch racks, I thought it best to beef up our 1Up rack with their reinforcing bar. They also have a ramp add-on that works well. For accessing the rear, their swing arm ‘RakAttach’ add-on is a must. Having to take bikes on and off gets old and simply tilting the rack is too heavy with two bikes.

For traveling this past summer with frequent access to the back, the RakAttach was so worth it.

IMG_0658.jpeg

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got to look at how I might move this....no trailer hitch. And this is going to be too heavy to lift on top. Problem for another day.
On Amazon, I bought the Arksen 2" Ebike Heavy wgt capacity hitch. Holds 150lbs. Cost was $140. Works great. Is your bike the Gazelle Medeo T9 City?
For anyone interested...NICE pricing @ $1999.00 on sale on their website right now! Normally sells for #2499. :beercheer:

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
On Amazon, I bought the Arksen 2" Ebike Heavy wgt capacity hitch. Holds 150lbs. Cost was $140. Works great. Is your bike the Gazelle Medeo T9 City?
For anyone interested...NICE pricing @ $1999.00 on sale on their website right now! Normally sells for #2499. :beercheer:
Yes. Got it for $2700 Cdn. Plus taxes etc..

I'm going to start looking at trailer hitches. I seem to remember an Equinox many years ago, not coming with one. The dealer got it put on. And I think it was at the place around the corner from my office. Then I can look at what "rack" to get. The bike place has both Thule and Yakima.

Sponsor

Staff online