• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loqski

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Loqski-SkiTalk.jpg

LOQSKI - the smart ski lock
Loqski - ski lock is designed, manufactured and assembled in Great Britain.
The newly developed, lightweight 112g design, has the very best materials for strength and durability.

Fitting Instructions
1. Open the side arms, the central cuff and pole cuffs.
2. Position the central cuff so it clamps firmly around the crossed snow brakes.
3. Tighten the central cuff as firmly as possible, squeeze the skis together to prevent any wriggle room.
4. Place ski poles into the cuffs; loop one end of the tether around ski rack or similar and attach the other to one of the pole cuffs, close cuffs and lock.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Finally something similar to the best lock design to date.. Definitely interested.. Also helps hold everything together when carrying skis and poles through the parking lot. Just put the pole straps under the velcro strap at the tips and one hand to handle all...

Ski Lock 2.jpg
Ski Lock 3.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Watching the video, it sure looks like this device only locks the skis by using the ski brake arms. Also, it doesn't seem to provide any way to lock the skis to a structure. So am I missing something or is this a total fail?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Watching the video, it sure looks like this device only locks the skis by using the ski brake arms. Also, it doesn't seem to provide any way to lock the skis to a structure. So am I missing something or is this a total fail?

There's a wire loop that attaches the lock to a structure.

It really looked like it requires a standard cable lock that loops through the device to secure it to a rack or pole. Is that included or sold separately?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Finally something similar to the best lock design to date.. Definitely interested.. Also helps hold everything together when carrying skis and poles through the parking lot. Just put the pole straps under the velcro strap at the tips and one hand to handle all...

View attachment 149554 View attachment 149555
At least with this type of lock you could buy extra loops for kids or spouses skis and only one lock is needed. I am pretty sure I have two loops with mine. Not sure how it works with fat powder skis, maybe you might have to leave out the poles.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
OK, but anything that is locking the ski purely by the brake arms is insufficient. Brakes are easily removable on many bindings (especially any rail types).

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Am I the only one who still just splits their skis and poles at the racks? If a thief really, really wants my gear, then they're going to have to work for it... ;)

And for those unaware of the "technique" - it's best to flip one ski around so that when looking at the top of one, you can only see the base of the other from afar. I've even put one ski and pole tip down in some places. Of course this only works in crowded racks, but that's really where the biggest concern lives.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
OK, but anything that is locking the ski purely by the brake arms is insufficient. Brakes are easily removable on many bindings (especially any rail types).
I doubt that the capability of removing the brakes is going to matter much: the point of the item is not that it is 100% secure, but that it would add sufficient extra time to the process of stealing the skis that the (usually) opportunistic thieves who are ready to pile a load of skis into a van and hightail it outta Dodge will go on to the next skis and leave the Loqski skis alone.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Am I the only one who still just splits their skis and poles at the racks? If a thief really, really wants my gear, then they're going to have to work for it... ;)

And for those unaware of the "technique" - it's best to flip one ski around so that when looking at the top of one, you can only see the base of the other from afar. I've even put one ski and pole tip down in some places. Of course this only works in crowded racks, but that's really where the biggest concern lives.
The problem I have with splitting skis is I can't remember where I put them. I can't remember where I put the car either.

Uncle-A

Skier
I doubt that the capability of removing the brakes is going to matter much: the point of the item is not that it is 100% secure, but that it would add sufficient extra time to the process of stealing the skis that the (usually) opportunistic thieves who are ready to pile a load of skis into a van and hightail it outta Dodge will go on to the next skis and leave the Loqski skis alone.
The ski lock is only going to stop the ameture the pro is going to get the skis he wants.

Uncle-A

Skier
A $10 pair of wire cutters will defeat most ski locks on the market. Many don't even require that much. I think it would take a bit longer to finagle the brakes off than snip and go.
So you have thought about this a lot:)

Sponsor