• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

arkay

Booting up
Skier
And, very conveniently, I just got a code via email from Peacock (ONEYEAR). $1.99 per month for 12 months!
Does everyone believe that Peacock will have WC alpine races this season? I am inclined to sign up for the Peacock deal (I got the email, too) but I won't if someone knows they aren't going to show it. FWIW, I like the Peacock coverage with Porino and Schlanger...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Does everyone believe that Peacock will have WC alpine races this season? I am inclined to sign up for the Peacock deal (I got the email, too) but I won't if someone knows they aren't going to show it. FWIW, I like the Peacock coverage with Porino and Schlanger...
I can’t really answer your question but WC hasn’t shown up on the Peacock schedule till the last minute the past few seasons. I did communicate with them (no easy task) a few weeks before Soelden last year & even though nothing had been announced they did assure me they would have coverage.
I ended up watching Soelden on the free Austrian feed which was great with Ed Drake & Nick fellows but they only stream the Austrian races.

James

Out There
Instructor
The joys of Peacock. If you count on watching on replay- when there’s an hour weather delay, you will miss the last hour on their replay. It’s like they have someone with a vcr, who programmed it for the time slot.
Maybe they’ll change their ways this year.
6A2CC083-FB36-4054-B90D-7FCD5E4487CF.gif

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
We are a week away from Solden! Anyone have insight on how or where to watch the races from the US?

This site worked well last year for Austrian races & it appears to be still in action. I just signed in & it indeed shows Solden on the schedule!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
According to usskiandsnowboard, Peacock is streaming Solden:

Unfortunately, they only show broadcast availability for Solden and Killington.

4ster

Instructor
According to usskiandsnowboard, Peacock is streaming Solden:

Unfortunately, they only show broadcast availability for Solden and Killington.
Yeah, but that’s a good sign that they will probably cover the season. Thanks!
It looks like they only have the Women’s Solden races listed now.
Still $4.99 a month for premium or they are running a $19.99 offer for a year right now. l am not paying till someone shows me a full schedule :huh:
For now I think I will just watch Solden on the Austrian feed with IIRC had Nick Fellows commentating last season.

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
Disappointing, in that I already have Peacock included with my cable, so I was hoping they'd all be on there. Now I guess I need and Outside+ subscription. And then use Ski Austria for the Austrian races. What a pain.
:doh:

I’m not sure but it sounds like US races will be on regular network NBC television. Even though it will probably be shoddy coverage that highlights Americans & misses the fastest runs we may not need Outside+ :huh:?

Either way I will probably just watch Soelden on the Austrian app which last year was great coverage, simple & free. I’ll figure the rest out later once it gets sorted out & becomes more clear.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Step 2: Find your events on PeacockTV

1. Create an account
  2. Subscribe to Peacock Premium
  3. Click on the sports tab, and scroll down the page until you see the section “Skiing and Snowboarding”

I checked a day or two ago. No snowsports options under the sports tab. If past experience is any guide, they will show up about fifteen minutes before or after the first race starts.

4ster

Instructor
I checked a day or two ago. No snowsports options under the sports tab. If past experience is any guide, they will show up about fifteen minutes before or after the first race starts.
Same here but I do not have Peacock premium, do you?

last year it was there, then it was gone and like you say it finally showed up right before the race. The whole Peacock layout is just bizarre.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Same here but I do not have Peacock premium, do you?
I do. But what I do NOT have is regular TV. So the fact that the US events may be on "broadcast television" doesn't help me.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I have Xfinity (in Chicago) and Peacock is included. So last year all the FIS races were visible on Peacock.
Nothing has changed in my subscription. However, Olympic Channel is done.
Hoping that the Soelden races will be posted on Peacock soon. As of this morning, they are not listed.
I am assuming that Peacock Premium situation is the same and I won't need to change my subscription to see the races.
Seems Xfinity are branded "Peacock" when I go to this service. Will feel better when I see the FIS listings I guess.
This might be my least favorite ritual of October.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
This was just posted by Steve Porino on the Twitter. What is not clear is whether Peacock Premium is entirely different this year. Last year it was all included from Xfinity.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This was just posted by Steve Porino on the Twitter. What is not clear is whether Peacock Premium is entirely different this year. Last year it was all included from Xfinity.
OK - I misread earlier - sorry for any confusion I may be causing... here's what I think I see now.

Events in the US: NBC+Peacock subscription, OR Outside+ subscription

Events in Austria: Peacock subscription OR skiworldcup.live

Events elsewhere: skiandsnowboard.live subscription

@4ster , does skiworldcup.live stream all events? Or just Austria?

Also, it's implied that Outside+ will be showing more complete coverage. They mention 90+ hours for Outside+, but only 19 hours of coverage for 8 US events between NBC/Peacock.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is not clear is whether Peacock Premium is entirely different this year. Last year it was all included from Xfinity.

As of right now it is included here in CO BUT there is fine print.

"Have Xfinity? You get Peacock Premium.

Peacock Premium is currently included for no additional cost for all Xfinity Flex customers and Xfinity X1 and video customers who have a subscription to Xfinity Internet or Digital Starter TV, or equivalent, or above. Inclusion of Peacock Premium subject to change. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/month value."

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
  • How to Watch DOMESTIC U.S. World Cups: Outside+ and NBC platforms
  • How to Watch INTERNATIONAL FIS World Cup Events: skiandsnowboard.live
  • How to Watch AUSTRIAN FIS World Cup Events
  • How to Watch SLOVENIAN FIS World Cup Events
  • How to Watch CANADIAN FIS World Cup Events
  • How to Watch FINNISH FIS World Cup Events When It's Cold Out
  • How to Watch FRENCH FIS World Cup Events When You Are Tipsy
  • How to Watch ITALIAN FIS World Cup Events With A Plate On Your Lap And Marta's Brother In Law Laughing So Loudly You Can't Hear The Commentary
  • How to Watch ITALIAN FIS World Cup Events With A Plate On Your Lap WITHOUT Marta's Brother In Law In The Room
Please subscribe to my series of three hour podcasts on how to watch skiing on TV. The fee is only 379 Euros per month excluding VAT.

Sponsor

Staff online