• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Meet the new S.S.SkiTalk

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The ole S.S. Pugski did great for us over the past 5 years as handling the duties as the S.S.Pugski and many years before that hauling skis all over the west but with 185K on her, she is getting long in tooth and we just dind't have confidence in her on long and remote trips in the windernesses of Nevada, Wyoming, Montana and such. So last year we started scouting out a replacement. We looked high and wide all across the US and after a few possible candiates we ended up with a 2018 Yukon XL in North Carolina.

I really had no intentions of having to go that far but in a perfect world we would have had it trucked back to Nevada and we had everything set to do so but that pesky pipleline issue in the southeast messed all of that up. So there was one thing left to do, book a flight and drive up back.

Instead if bee-lining it directly home. I will stop and play some golf with @Gary Stolt then @Tricia is going to fly into Denver and we will ski A-Basin for a couple of days. @Dave Petersen has been working on some great wrap concepts so when we get back to Reno, we will get it scheduled for a facelift.
tempImagemrZkBa.png

Last edited:

Mazama

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gorgeous rig Philpug! Enjoy your road trips in it!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
tempImageR5dVmZ.png

The fuel meter showed over 22 MPG but that was optomistic...After fill up, I still got 21.2 measuring it by hand and that included going through the Smokies. I'll take it over the 16.8 the old Yukon was getting.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Was that all loaded up? Or as empty as the new one is right now?
Everyday driving. Honestly, we didn’t notice much of a difference loaded and empty.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Was that all loaded up? Or as empty as the new one is right now?
Everyday driving. Honestly, we didn’t notice much of a difference loaded and empty.
The one time we noticed a big drop in mileage was a couple years ago when we had the Packasport on top and two bikes on the back. I believe the drag of the bikes was the culprit
369B9286-4635-440B-93E8-F175DE4F1218.JPG

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Congrats on the purchase!
Small world, but, I was cycling yesterday and saw a exact twin to your new ride. I immediately thought, damn, I know that car.
White cars, I bought my first 2 years ago, much easier to keep clean that I expected. The single exception is all the dead insects show in a very ugly manner. When you do the wrap, get the front in.a dark color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Keys2Ski

Short-n-Sweet
Skier
I used the app “co-pilot” and was almost ready to pull the plug and go to Georgia to purchase one, then this popped up in a Land Rover dealership in Homestead!! Unbelievable, purchased on a Sunday, at one of the closest dealerships to me. So lucky!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I used the app “co-pilot” and was almost ready to pull the plug and go to Georgia to purchase one, then this popped up in a Land Rover dealership in Homestead!! Unbelievable, purchased on a Sunday, at one of the closest dealerships to me. So lucky!!
Great minds think alike!
I'm not going to lie. I have some sentimental attachement to the original SS Pugski, mostly because it gave me my independence, drove me to meet ups where I nurtured a lot of great friendships, and served well as a ski industry tool. It has picked up a fair amount of you at the airport and carried us to the slopes where we enjoyed each other's company

As Phil said in the OP, we have come to the realization that our 13 year old steed has nearly 185,000 miles on it and while she's still got some life left in her we knew it was time to get something a little newer for our long road trips hauling a lot of gear.

When we sell the 2008 we'll send the good vibes with her for her new owner

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
haha- guess you were picking up the new SS Pugski. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that will travel far distances for the right vehicle.
Enjoy the new ride and I'll enjoy my new boards :)

Sponsor

Staff online