• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Adelboden GS today did not lack for excitement. Odermatt well on the way to running away with the overall and GS globes. Surprised he only gave up one tenth after a couple of mistakes leading onto the final pitch. Anyone have Feller for 2nd in the GS season standings at this point in the season?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Great race! Manny really threw one down!! So much more exciting than the women’s race. I feel bad for Bratten not being able to face the final pitch. It sucks to have something like that stuck in your head.

Tomorrows SL…
C1C851FE-A221-443A-9AC5-DA62CC10E6BB.jpeg

NOEL
FELLER
FOSS-SOLEVAAG

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Fun race. I actually was going tonpick Manny for a podium but talked myself out of it. Odermatt somehow hung in on the final turns. Just crazy, it’s over a minute to the final pitch and you’ve got that to deal with. Hope De Aliprandini is ok and Radamus. Some rough gate snagging to crashes.
Porino was saying last years course was 10 sec faster and there were complaints.

Noel
Zenhaeusern
Pintu

Foss Solevaag
Zubcic

Thinking Manny can’t finish two in a row! Hope I’m wrong.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That was a different podium. Noel … out, Krille with whom Noel shares the red west … out, Foss Solevåg … out, Pintu … out, Rocket Ryding … out, Feller … hold on … he did two runs! Almost an Austrian trippel, on Swiss snow. That would’ve hurt
Tall guy defended the Swiss honor just 0:19 from podium and 0:48 from 1:st. Tight race with bad visibility and on and off snow.

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Paul Epstein’s Global Racing continues to get guys, often abandoned by their National teams, back on track, faster, competing better and ready for the prime time. Impressive.

Winters?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
No, Luke Winters has been in the USST system for a while. Last 4 years or so on the B team. Was “interesting” when the USST shut down their SL team/program. Still coming back from that idiocy.

Global Racing. Most talked about American is Brian McLaughlin. Nuts that he’s not a discretionary pick to the USST.

George Steffey is with them. Recently Sam Maes of Belgium, Ian Gut {LGB’s younger brother}.

Good program. Lot of EC racing.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Tightest first run I’ve seen in a while. Congratulations to Strolz for the win & condolences to Gstrien after such a clean 1st run. Vinatzer with the fastest run 2 & Winters may not be going to Disneyland but he is going to the Olympics
:golfclap:

Good to have Ligety in the booth. He seems much better for the men’s races than the women.

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now THAT was some SL racing! With the field that tight everyone was going flat out. An "insurance run" would have sent you to the back of the pack.

Good race for Winters, but why do all of the American SL skiers look like they're constantly fighting to stay balanced over the ski? They all ski the same way, so it's unlikely that it's a personal trait.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online