• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
Odd reason to change coaches, "a protracted case of COVID"? unless he is in the hospital on a ventilator, which he isn't because he was quoted in the article, I don't see that as the actual reason for the dismissal.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@robertc3 I'm pretty sure this reason just came handy. I understand few weeks before Olympics you want to have coach next to you, but that would be reason to get another coach for this time, not to fire long time coach, so I'm pretty sure there are other reasons behind, but it sounds nicer this way.

goweje

Putting on skis
Skier
Clearly there's a story here, but skiracing.com isn't going to write it.

Why would you get rid/demote/fire a coach that's been with you for six years right before the Olympics? Yes, it's possible to continue to test positive on PCR for a significant period of time after having had covid and maybe he can't go to China for that reason. But, that seems like a convenient excuse rather than the actual explanation. He's Canadian and was stuck in Canada for half the year in 2020. That would have been the logical time to move on. These relationships are intense and run there course. Unless the guy did something that was over the line, wouldn't you let him stay on until after the Olympics? I have to give Shiffrin the benefit of the doubt here and assume she's protecting the guy's reputation.

The whole thing reeks of palace intrigue. Lackie was replaced by the fiance of the ski team comms director. Total coincidence I'm sure. :rolleyes: Again, just disappointing that skiracing media didn't do a little more digging.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yea that one.
Not easy to pull off the helmet face but she’s doing that pretty well too !

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sorry, that was a dumb ad. :huh:
When you consider that the dinosaurs were cold blooded animals it is very dumb. But it is fantasy and you just have to go with the overall idea and not look too deep into the premise.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, that was a dumb ad. :huh:
Well it's really an ad for Jurassic World, with some Olympic tie worked in. At the end of the last movie, they released a bunch of dinosaurs out into society... so presumably a lot of the next movie will deal with dinos in unlikely places...

Here's a short (10 min) movie they made showing that kind of thing, including little snippets during the credits:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I haven’t asked any friends who know…..BUT….I’m guessing that Nike is the Team USA OWG footwear sponsor? I have seen a bunch of pics of M in white Nikes with a big, bold Nike Swoosh. Like on her IG.

Can imagine that Adidas loves that. As they pay her “a nice amount….” Guess they could have competed harder for the deal. Which would not happen, Nike being American…..

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online