• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering at Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just to be clear... Highlands tomorrow is on, per the official schedule. (Although as with everything at the Gathering, everyone is free to do whatever the h#ll they want. :) )
We’ll stay at Snowmass. If you’re not skiing Temerity or the Bowl I just don’t see a reason to go there when I’m at Snowmass.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We’ll stay at Snowmass. If you’re not skiing Temerity or the Bowl I just don’t see a reason to go there when I’m at Snowmass.
To each their own, but I enjoy the variety of moving between the mountains... and I don't ski either of those areas. I think Highlands still has fun stuff to offer. :)

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Is anyone else staying at the Mountain Chalet Aspen? I am staying there tonight and tomorrow.
I love that place & have stayed there many times. Not this time due to much higher price. Nice large indoor hot tub & outdoor pool. Full breakfast to die for ! Cozy lobby.
Main ski bus area is across street.

I arrived Glenwood springs Cedar Lodge tonight & plan to ski Wed - Fri

Dragging a bit (literally & figuratively) so I’ll skip 9 am meetup. Delayed with car problems. Replaced brake pads that dragged today on rt front in the Harbor Freight parking lot in SLC ! Some tools I usually have in car we’re missing. Grrr

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Just to be clear... Highlands tomorrow is on, per the official schedule. (Although as with everything at the Gathering, everyone is free to do whatever the h#ll they want. :) )
Did I here somewhere that parking is free at Highlands on Wednesday. Confirmation ?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

BUMMER--- have any arnica? it helps my torn mcl's- epson salt soaks may help too.
So sorry Ann got hurt!

Man, why do things like that happen? Bad as it is it gives Ann pouting privliges and you'd better take good care of her. It'll get better after it tries her patience. Here's to a quick recovery.

You can read the details here.
You can see the report here.

@AKMINK is in great spirits, though she's bummed that she'll miss out on the rest of the skiing this week. We are trying to sort out a good way for her to come to the village/mall for après without having to deal with too many steps. She does want to socialize.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Did I here somewhere that parking is free at Highlands on Wednesday. Confirmation ?
I tried to find out the other day and couldn't find any mention of free Highlands parking. There is apparently an $11 lot, and the garage is $20.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@AKMINK is in great spirits, though she's bummed that she'll miss out on the rest of the skiing this week. We are trying to sort out a good way for her to come to the village/mall for après without having to deal with too many steps. She does want to socialize
This is a good sign!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think we were both a bit before 8:30 - he was there when we got there and told us we had to wait until 8:30 and go back to him to get the ”comp” ticket.

Sponsor