• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Patagonia on sale at Costco.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Patagonia is a product that we would normally see in specialty ski & high end sporting good shops. Now we are seeing nano puffs on sale at Costco. Is this a good idea or not?

D

Dean Astar

Unregistered
Patagonia is a product that we would normally see in specialty ski & high end sporting good shops. Now we are seeing nano puffs on sale at Costco. Is this a good idea or not?
I am not sure I like that

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Several years ago, Costco sold North Face Denali....

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure the down sweaters I saw were legit. I should go back and see if they are even still there. Something about them seemed ... off.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure the down sweaters I saw were legit. I should go back and see if they are even still there. Something about them seemed ... off.
There was something about the color & the loftiness of the down.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Nano puffs aren't down, it's synthetic insulation and fairly thin.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nano puffs aren't down, it's synthetic insulation and fairly thin.

Yeah, but here in CO, the Costco has down sweaters, and no nanos. At least the one by me. I might have bought a nano, actually, had they been for sale.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
OK, now I understand. Guess I should go see what my Costco has.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bought some Lucky Jeans at Costco a few years ago. They were okay but were definitely factory seconds.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Went to the Billings Costco today. They had Patagonia womens' down hoody and the Nano Puff. Patagonia has a special edition men's and women's Nano Puff pullovers on their website for $153, Costco's price was $169.99 but that may have been a jacket. If I was buying one I'd get a pullover.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Patgonia "on sale" is no longer an oxymoron! Just got my REI fall sale catalog and 25% off Patagucci is common. Steep & Cheap has a ton of their gear on sale. I like their stuff, just not at MSRP.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
If it is good stuff (i.e. not seconds), then it's a good idea. Clothing has stopped being a specialty shop domain a while ago, people always hunt for deals online anyway. It probably does not make a difference whether Costco or BC.com gets the price-conscious $. Costco has long stopped being the cheap stuff retailer, witness the wine selection they have. Costco always has manufacturers come out with a "special model" for them, so chances are the nano you see there are a bit different from the ones you see in a regular shop.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, but here in CO, the Costco has down sweaters, and no nanos. At least the one by me. I might have bought a nano, actually, had they been for sale.

Here you go:

20151113_175505.jpg

20151113_175511.jpg

20151113_171857.jpg

20151113_171904.jpg

And, to encourage Pugski.com lurkers to sign up here... send me a PM for the Costco location in Denver with these

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Why are they cheaper in Denver than in Montana?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ That's without a hood. I heard a different Costco has them with hoods for substantially more.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm here at Chubascos and we're seeing a parade of Salt Lake weekenders in new Costco Patagonia threads.

So what if it's good stuff. It's not like when they sold no fail starter surfboards in orange county for $99. Been tough to get near a wave ever since.

GeoSkiMom

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Check out Costco's Patagonia inventory online. They aren't just in their stores.

Sponsor

Staff online