• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Those costumes are amazing. What's his choice of profession?
Right now he works at a custom crate place. His degree is in wildlife management. He'd like to do Park Ranger or Game Warden.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cleaning out the closet, I couldn’t figure out what to do with this stuff…in the meantime it’s a tribute to two of the people who helped me out as a young skier and are being inducted into the hall this year , Alan Schoenberger and Bobby Burns. Now, back to fall cleaning and pretending we aren’t home since we forgot to buy candy this year…
C5464D45-5FD3-4876-9EE9-35277CB5C778.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Eero Sarinen’s TWA terminal at JFK, Idlewild Airport when it was built in 1962. It was restored in 2019 and is now kind of a lounge, hotel lobby. Connects to Terminal 5/ Jet Blue.
If you have the slightest interest in architecture it is worth arriving early and checking it out. Very worthwhile, you can just hang around or eat. Difficult to take pictures of without a lot of effort.
It’s not dark, quite the opposite. Shades of white.

C2E2998D-66F0-453B-B36A-DE0F5BE87F6A.jpeg

There’s the attached 1960’s hotel too which you can stay at.
B5833249-3D55-4064-BE40-CB6AB2C6AD58.jpeg

3441BDFD-069F-451A-AC07-A178C7D243F8.jpeg

Last edited:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Cannon.
You can always identify Cannon by the straight rectangular slope up top surrounded by old windy trails.

The state owns the mountain, so they used the highway department to design and cut that slope.

Puck it

Cannon is my home
Skier
Cannon.
You can always identify Cannon by the straight rectangular slope up top surrounded by old windy trails.

The state owns the mountain, so they used the highway department to design and cut that slope.
Urban legend. There used to be two T-bars that ran to the summit and when the chair went in they just cut the trail in the path of t-bars although a little wider with the chair too.

James

Out There
Instructor
So what trail is that? Not Avalanche is it?

Stein Erickson must’ve worked for the highway dept too when young. When he came to Sugarbush he told them “You don’t know how to cut trails”, and cut a wide one straight down the steep fall line. - Stein’s.

Puck it

Cannon is my home
Skier
So what trail is that? Not Avalanche is it?

Stein Erickson must’ve worked for the highway dept too when young. When he came to Sugarbush he told them “You don’t know how to cut trails”, and cut a wide one straight down the steep fall line. - Stein’s.

Sponsor

Staff online