• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some real PNW weather.
20220715_155513.jpg

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
When did you go to the indoor skiing and what was your thoughts on the place?
I’m here for the weekend, there was supposed to be a coaches clinic that got canceled but we decided to ski anyway. The hill is pretty neat, but the snow was exceptionally soft today and I kept sinking in. needed a 100mm ski :)

hopefully it firms up before tomorrow!!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
This morning the world disappeared. A fine sunny day sail turned into a foggy, windy, rough passage in Frenchmen's Bay. I rarely exceed 5.5 kts yet the photo shows 5.75 with reduced sail. Vis was down to about 100 feet. The seas were approaching from the stern making maintaining a course challenging. I knew where I was when the weather hit and dead-reckoned my way from the middle of the bay to Bar Harbor safely. I was as concerned about the lobsterman as I was land. I could hear them all around and the tend to fly from one spot to the next, fog be damned. At one point I could see one coming straight for me less than 100 feet away while I could hear another in the other direction. The blessing was shortly after I heard the bell buoy that was my target. I got my eyes on the buoy and started my next leg which would take me to the harbor.

IMG_20220718_122429259.jpg

A short while later, I was able to see the land and shot this video:

Sponsor

Staff online