• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
OK, my turn. I don't get it.
1642696696546.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, my turn. I don't get it.
That was Mark Hamill, aka Luke Skywalker, in front of Tosche Station.

In Star Wars, early in he movie, he whines to his uncle that he was supposed to go to Tosche station to pick up some power converters. It's really only well remembered because of the whine...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That was Mark Hamill, aka Luke Skywalker, in front of Tosche Station.

In Star Wars, early in he movie, he whines to his uncle that he was supposed to go to Tosche station to pick up some power converters. It's really only well remembered because of the whine...

I saw that movie when it came out in 1977. I guess I forgot that!

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I saw that movie when it came out in 1977. I guess I forgot that!

Yeah, hard to believe it's possible to go 44-45 years and not see SW again, even if only accidentally. Or under protest. ;)
There's kids, grand kids, re-mastered editions (Hans walking on Jabba scene), freakn long flights where they used to play only one movie a time, sitting in front of the tv late waiting for the room to stop spinning....

Here's that scene not in the 1977 version. Can't have you missing out... :)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This makes me laugh as 5 years ago I got ticketed by an over zealous, power hungry Vail yellow jacket, who told me I may have to attend a similar course to retain my epic pass.

Years and years ago, my former husband lost control at the bottom of a run and barreled straight into the yellow SLOW banner, to the extent that it came loose and whipped around him. The yellow jacket was laughing too hard to be mad. I think it was Vail, but might have been Beaver Creek.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Years and years ago, my former husband lost control at the bottom of a run and barreled straight into the yellow SLOW banner, to the extent that it came loose and whipped around him. The yellow jacket was laughing too hard to be mad. I think it was Vail, but might have been Beaver Creek.
Well, I guess the slow banner did it’s job.

Sponsor

Staff online