• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
1669829234496.png

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can spend hours laughing at all the Hollywood dives in Football. It's actually a blight on the game. The perpetrators should really be sent off as most of it is outright cheating. Then they should have to watch a few games of rugby before they're allowed back on a football pitch

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You can spend hours laughing at all the Hollywood dives in Football. It's actually a blight on the game. The perpetrators should really be sent off as most of it is outright cheating. Then they should have to watch a few games of rugby before they're allowed back on a football pitch
I've said it many times, so I'll add it again... I think they should review matches for dives on video replay after the game, and suspend players for the next match based on that. It would necessarily only be the really egregious ones... Unfortunately "going down easy" at a small push or trip wouldn't really be preventable I don't think - that's up the players and their pride, fan and team reactions/acceptance of diving, and just wanting to play hard and not always look to draw fouls.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've said it many times, so I'll add it again... I think they should review matches for dives on video replay after the game, and suspend players for the next match based on that. It would necessarily only be the really egregious ones... Unfortunately "going down easy" at a small push or trip wouldn't really be preventable I don't think - that's up the players and their pride, fan and team reactions/acceptance of diving, and just wanting to play hard and not always look to draw fouls.
Maybe ban them for one game, then add on another day for every roll on the pitch that they manage to do after" the painful incident". Then another day off if they look through their hands to see if any one is watching
1669860983739.png

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Works for hockey too. No self respecting Canadian would ever show they were hurt.
International hockey isn't quite the same.

Sponsor