• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
C3886464-C64A-4E24-A9F1-56785D4223C2.jpeg

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Is it too early for Daylight saving time jokes?
View attachment 126455
Back when 55mph was the max speed I had a distributor with a loose shaft bearing. The points would wobble and the car hardly ran when going 55
Ran fine at lower speeds or higher. Naturally on ski trips I'd go faster, lol. Didn't get pulled over but if I had I don't think the cop would believe this story ! !

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Back when 55mph was the max speed I had a distributor with a loose shaft bearing. The points would wobble and the car hardly ran when going 55
Ran fine at lower speeds or higher. Naturally on ski trips I'd go faster, lol. Didn't get pulled over but if I had I don't think the cop would believe this story ! !
What type of vehicle was it? Back around the same time there was also a shortage of gas and long lines. The night before a ski trip I would set the gap on the points and the timing just so I could get the best gas mileage for the round trip to ski county. The car could get from my home and back round trip to Hunter on a full tank of gas but I would need to get gas so I could drive to work the next day. So on the way home from Hunter I would try to find a gas station open just so I could get to work the next day.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
View attachment 126455
Now there's a good excuse to advance your intake valve timing for better high-rpm performance.
Unfortunately, both only apply to old technology with no VVT, electronic ignition, or even vacuum advance. I suppose it's a good excuse to reprogram the ECM (or whatever they are calling it these days) though! ogsmile

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
View attachment 126455
What type of vehicle was it? Back around the same time there was also a shortage of gas and long lines. The night before a ski trip I would set the gap on the points and the timing just so I could get the best gas mileage for the round trip to ski county. The car could get from my home and back round trip to Hunter on a full tank of gas but I would need to get gas so I could drive to work the next day. So on the way home from Hunter I would try to find a gas station open just so I could get to work the next day.
A 1971 Datsun 240Z Actually did ok in snow even with little weight on the rear wheels. Was bombing up the NY Thruway past Hunter on way to VT at the time !

Sponsor

Staff online