• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RENOUN skis

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
He's now selling bindings, Look Pivot 14 $329 or Look SPX (for the Z-77) $229. He doesn't say if he installs them. The price is on the high side, but if installed, it's OK. The Pivot is a very good binding, but the last ones I had (been a few years) had very limited fore & aft adjustment. When I bought new boots the different shell size required re-drilling. I'm happy with Head/Tyrolia bindings. I'd put the Tyrolia PRD12 on either the Z-77 or Z-90, and the Tyrolia AAAttack 13 on the Z-90 or Endurance models. The PRD12 is on a rail so it is easily adjustable for friends to try your skis and see how smart you were to buy them, also to easy to adjust for different boots or fore or aft a few mm to find your sweet spot location on the skis. The demo version of the AAAttack13s are readily available to accomplish the same thing.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Be aware that the ramp angle on a PRD can be problematic for some. I'd put an EVO freeflex on the 77 and an attack on the 90 if I were choosing a Tyrolia product. Others? Look Pivot 12 or 14, Salomon/Atomic Sth 13.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
He's now selling bindings, Look Pivot 14 $329 or Look SPX (for the Z-77) $229. He doesn't say if he installs them. The price is on the high side, but if installed, it's OK. The Pivot is a very good binding, but the last ones I had (been a few years) had very limited fore & aft adjustment. When I bought new boots the different shell size required re-drilling. I'm happy with Head/Tyrolia bindings. I'd put the Tyrolia PRD12 on either the Z-77 or Z-90, and the Tyrolia AAAttack 13 on the Z-90 or Endurance models. The PRD12 is on a rail so it is easily adjustable for friends to try your skis and see how smart you were to buy them, also to easy to adjust for different boots or fore or aft a few mm to find your sweet spot location on the skis. The demo version of the AAAttack13s are readily available to accomplish the same thing.
The prices he is selling them for is the same as everyone else is selling a current year binding for. There is always the option of finding a discounted leftover binding too.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_1034.PNG

Stressing what to mount on these!
Life is Good!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have Attack 13 Demos on all of our Renoun's...If they were our personal skis..I will not speak for @Tricia but I know I would have some Look Pivot 15's on my 180cm Z-90's.#bringbackthe15

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Will you be bringing Renouns to the Gathering, Phil?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking about a new front-side ski to replace my The Ski with something more hard-snow and groomer oriented and maybe even the same for DH who could use a carving ski before he forgets how to.

Even so, it's hard not to get lured into the bumps and trees, even when conditions are "firm." Fantasizing about a Renoun 77 to do this, as it seems the perfect do it all fast/slow hard/soft kind of ski.

Since we can't demo, I have to decide on a lengths. 157 and 167 for each of us, or 167 and 174?

I am 5'4" and shrinking. 120-ish lbs. He is 5'10" and 170-ish lbs. We are decent, old skiers. Current skis are
Me:167 Liberty Envy (105) and 165 The Ski (multiple dimensions) and He: 170 K2 Pinnacle (105).

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Thinking about a new front-side ski to replace my The Ski with something more hard-snow and groomer oriented and maybe even the same for DH who could use a carving ski before he forgets how to.

Even so, it's hard not to get lured into the bumps and trees, even when conditions are "firm." Fantasizing about a Renoun 77 to do this, as it seems the perfect do it all fast/slow hard/soft kind of ski.

Since we can't demo, I have to decide on a lengths. 157 and 167 for each of us, or 167 and 174?

I am 5'4" and shrinking. 120-ish lbs. He is 5'10" and 170-ish lbs. We are decent, old skiers. Current skis are
Me:167 Liberty Envy (105) and 165 The Ski (multiple dimensions) and He: 170 K2 Pinnacle (105).

167 & 174 - is my vote; they are silkier than you can imagine.

Paging @Cyrus Schenck for his opinion.

Cyrus Schenck

Founder of Renoun Skis
Skier
Manufacturer

thanks @Brian Finch!

Here's a link to our living chart:https://renoun.com/pages/sizing
For you @Jerez , going with the recommended 157cm might feel a little short since your coming from a longer 167cm and a wider ski. but at your height, our 165cm would be over your heard and a little long as it's a full camber ski. As for him, a 174cm wouldn't be too too short but since he's coming from shorter skis (with rocker) a longer ski that's full camber will feel extra long.

Verdict: 157cm and 165cm. BUT at the end of the day, you're skiing, not me. envision a ski in front of you. A 165cm would be over your head, a 157cm right below it. For him a 174cm would be right below his head, and more a matter of preference if he wats to jump down to a smaller 165cm to stick with what's familiar.

Also, we have a 100 Day Guarantee (https://renoun.com/pages/guarantee) so if they don't fit, we'll swap them out for the right size. We want you to be happy!

Sponsor

Staff online