• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show me your Christmas Tree!

Long Hair Hippy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Our 8’ Douglas fir, trimmed mostly with ornaments the kids have made over the years. Can't beat the smell of a fresh cut tree in the house!

Merry Christmas!

20211205_190346.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nothing special or clever this year. Speaking of year. We get a new dated ornament every year.. Oldest is 1995. Not far from having enough to use JUST those annual procurement/additions.

1640197072336.png

Pajarito-bred

Getting off the lift
Skier
What do you all do with all your old ski passes? They sure do make nice ornaments.... I don't have any of my first few years of passes at Hidden Valley PA, 1968 to '71. They were simple rectangular pieces of plastic, not sure if they even had a name or number.
A few other "sticky wicket" passes also grace my tree each year. Might have to ski a couple places this season that still use these. We typically cut our own piñon pines nearby.

1640203189194.jpeg

1640203245939.jpeg

1972/73 thru about 1985 I had a Pajarito Mtn. season pass, getting photos at the ski swap was an annual ritual. These make great, if dorky ornaments!
1640202857699.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
View attachment 152350
I celebrate with the kids and little grandchild/terrorist. This is their tree. They have managed to prevent her from opening all the presents, but she still sings Christmas songs at the top of her lungs.
When I was 3 my mom said I could "open all the presents" on Christmas morning. Taking her at her word I got up before everyone else and opened ALL the presents, EVERYONES'! To this day there were some they never figured out who were to or from since all the tags were all over the place...

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I knew I was in trouble when my brother got a microscope one year and a telescope another.... Folks...my brother couldn't tie his shoes at 12... I realized, at age 4, that Santa had dementia..... :roflmao:

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
When I was 3 my mom said I could "open all the presents" on Christmas morning. Taking her at her word I got up before everyone else and opened ALL the presents, EVERYONES'! To this day there were some they never figured out who were to or from since all the tags were all over the place...
You were a bit of a terrorist, also!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_6494.jpeg

"Official" Charlie Brown Christmas tree complete with gifts from @socalgal. Storyboard from Hot Dog: The Movie. Wedding photo and vows, NOS Salomon SX82W with Oakley Blades, SkierGeib which we made while in Colorado for May-Phest with @Chris Geib and Charlie Brown ornament set which was the first thing I ever purchaed on Ebay.

Sponsor

Staff online