• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show me your Christmas Tree!

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
My Christmas tree earlier today:
20211223_195803.jpg

All of the "decorations" have now been boxed up for rehoming.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
NIce to see some trees! I like 'em.
As for me, I married Jewish. Mrs. didn't really want a tree and I didn't really care, though I had fond memories of Christmas in my youth. Then one year, we visited a friend who couldn't believe we had no tree. It become her mission to change our minds. She got going and wouldn't let it go..."trees aren't religious", "it's got nothing to do with Jesus", "how can you feel the Christmas spirit if you don't have a tree", etc., etc., etc. She wouldn't let it go. After at least 15 minutes of her excoriating us non-stop, I decided there was no f*ing way I was ever gonna have a tree in my house.

It's been 40 years now and I don't see myself going back, but I still kinda miss the look and smell of balsam or pine in the house.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
NIce to see some trees! I like 'em.
As for me, I married Jewish. Mrs. didn't really want a tree and I didn't really care, though I had fond memories of Christmas in my youth. Then one year, we visited a friend who couldn't believe we had no tree. It become her mission to change our minds. She got going and wouldn't let it go..."trees aren't religious", "it's got nothing to do with Jesus", "how can you feel the Christmas spirit if you don't have a tree", etc., etc., etc. She wouldn't let it go. After at least 15 minutes of her excoriating us non-stop, I decided there was no f*ing way I was ever gonna have a tree in my house.

It's been 40 years now and I don't see myself going back, but I still kinda miss the look and smell of balsam or pine in the house.
Merry Christmas to you all.
I agree , you don't need a tree to enjoy the season. I get my tree fix by skiing :)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Had that tree for about 6 years while working on projects on the road. It worked well anpacked up into nearly nothing. Lived in some places that made my college digs look absolutely beautiful. The tree fit right in. Bless you Charles Shultz.

It was often parked on a table from ayard sale or folding work table. Many enjoyed that fake stick.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
This year, finally done. And I’m one more pour away from being out of bourbon, though I suspect Santa left me something. Merry Christmas guys.
C0111806-8D1E-4921-8834-75A99550A3AD.jpeg

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
PXL_20211225_073521754.jpg

Engelmann Spruce from the front yard. Normally grab a Doug fir but this tree planted itself and it's too close to the house and had a nice shape. Most of our woods the trees are kind of thin and "Charlie Brown" but if they are closer to the house, I pinch their terminal leaders regularly so they grow more densely.

I was used to "farmed trees" back East, used to pick them up in the Poconos for $35. Nice 10 ft tree, dense. Got here and all the trees that were being sold that looked like that were $125. (this all about 20 years back, I have no idea about today's prices) So we started cutting our own (free and FRESH). It's normally up until March because no needles drop until around then and I'm busy skiing.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online