• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski pants

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
WAAAY too much $$$ for "Ski" pants...... I'll prioritize actual skiing, skis, boots and bindings first....

My everyday pants are Artix Tundra Ballistic Bib Overalls. They're essentially Carhartt's for skiing. Totally bulletproof. Here in northern VT I can't tear or wear out these things. $55 on Amazon. They do everything my
high end ski pants do .... but better and many more sizing options. At $55 bucks they are disposable.... big pockets, very efficient design, totally articulated, reinforces Azz & knees.... but who cares at that price point :huh: cuz you can buy 4 pair for the price of one pair of "highend" pants that will require duct tape or shoe goo when you brush against a tree.

Wifey uses DSG Outerwear Women owned and real multi-sport gear for Women only, and got their light weight Women's version of Carhartt bibs for $150.... infinite sizing and indestructible..... pockets everywhere, articulated, knee pads (removable) which she LOVES as they keep her knees extra warm, dropseat to pee, super warm to the point whereby she now wears less clothing....... She hates all her actual "Ski Brand" pants now. She's ex-ballet and says, the Ski industry has a LOT of catching up to do. Their "Euro" sizing in the thighs and hips is unrealistic in most of the U.S.

Women want more sizing options and the built in ability to easily pee w/ a "Dropseat".... Wifey says shes DONE w/ ski brand clothing now. She says never going back until ski brands catch up to real gear and sizing that women who hit it hard, want........

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
WAAAY too much $$$ for "Ski" pants...... I'll prioritize actual skiing, skis, boots and bindings first....

My everyday pants are Artix Tundra Ballistic Bib Overalls. They're essentially Carhartt's for skiing. Totally bulletproof. Here in northern VT I can't tear or wear out these things. $55 on Amazon. They do everything my
high end ski pants do .... but better and many more sizing options. At $55 bucks they are disposable.... big pockets, very efficient design, totally articulated, reinforces Azz & knees.... but who cares at that price point :huh: cuz you can buy 4 pair for the price of one pair of "highend" pants that will require duct tape or shoe goo when you brush against a tree.

Wifey uses DSG Outerwear Women owned and real multi-sport gear for Women only, and got their light weight Women's version of Carhartt bibs for $150.... infinite sizing and indestructible..... pockets everywhere, articulated, knee pads (removable) which she LOVES as they keep her knees extra warm, dropseat to pee, super warm to the point whereby she now wears less clothing....... She hates all her actual "Ski Brand" pants now. She's ex-ballet and says, the Ski industry has a LOT of catching up to do. Their "Euro" sizing in the thighs and hips is unrealistic in most of the U.S.

Women want more sizing options and the built in ability to easily pee w/ a "Dropseat".... Wifey says shes DONE w/ ski brand clothing now. She says never going back until ski brands catch up to real gear and sizing that women who hit it hard, want........
Very resourceful, YM!

Next step:
Screenshot_20230528-092835.png

But seriously, those Artix bibs look like a find.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

I went to the Artix website they look great, how is their sizing? Tried their size setup that they said was new, it came out to a size large, but I like my pants on the loose end of the size charts and typically purchase an XL pant.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went to the Artix website they look great, how is their sizing? Tried their size setup that they said was new, it came out to a size large, but I like my pants on the loose end of the size charts and typically purchase an XL pant.
I'd rec the XL if that is what you genl use. That's what I did. Realize that they are like Carhartt and a bit heavier than traditional ski clothing but you'll notice a huge difference in the durability quotient as soon as you have to kneel down on one knee to make equipment adjustments. The only situation where I would not recommend this gear, is for long slogs in the B/C, where weight savings becomes a true factor.

To address @Tony S , Wifey's new fav DSG ski bib is their women's "Ice Fishing" line of clothing!!! Ha ha ha ...... Her pants (Arctic Appeal) are so F'n Rock'n that I want them in Men's for skiing below -10... if they made them!!!!! Their gear ROCKS and is finally made for women who take their gear seriously! This company is taking off w/ serious outdoorswomen We've been ordering from them for a while and they are getting better and better.... including "On the fly" inseam adjustments for short women w/ hips and thighs (she's 5' 1") .... a rare find...... sorry but even their website is awesome!

https://dsgouterwear.com/

Now Wifey is looking for some "Non-Girly" Board Shorts that don't fade or look or fit super tight and that come down to her knees for Kiteboarding, boating and snorkeling, like the mens do....... Even NRS fails miserably on this one!

I'm not affiliated in any way w/ DSG. Wifey just LOVES their gear! Her regular ski gear from "Ski" companies stays on the shelf bec it doesn't fit quite right, gets torn up and thrown out skiing the woods, or is given away bec it's just not warm enough......so sad

Share this w/ your Sports Wifey's & GF's out there. The first sentence says it all: https://dsgouterwear.com/about-us/

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Before you buy from any brand, you should check the different lines they have.
I'll use Helly Hansen as one example.
They have their resort line, traditional fit and minimalist pockets because they assume you're in resort and have access to stuff.
ULLR line - Freeride, likely to get off piste, but more of a hybrid of resort and out of bounds
Odin Line - touring/backcountry

The pocket size and placement is different depending on the purpose of the line.
I believe the Garibaldi is part of the ULLR line, which usually has generous pockets, so I'm surprised at your experience.
The ODIN line will have more generous pockets for skins and other items you will need if you're touring, but the pocket placement is a little awkward for resort use because its designed to work while using a pack and/or airbag.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online