• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbird Shred

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Loved it! Great to see how amazing skiers perform in conditions and terrain that mere mortals might encounter.

Breathtaking how fast they go.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some truly amazing skiing there! I personally love scenes filmed in the normal conditions we encounter, vs. just the best of the best powder days. And holy cow, can he ski!

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I just read the link Tricia provided: http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/experience-2/stories/caston-snowbird-shred-behind-the-shoot/

Quote: "The concept was to only shoot on the frontside of Caston's home resort, Snowbird, UT -- to create a captivating look at a very relatable ski experience to the everyday skier."

The snow was indeed relatable; not untracked powder, not out of bounds.
The skier's skills are a bit above those of the everyday skier (and mine).
I'll never reach those speeds nor take that amount of air.
But ... I could imagine myself skiing some of that terrain (never been to Snowbird),
and I suspect many of you have done that kind of terrain.

I guess that counts as relatable.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just read the link Tricia provided: http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/experience-2/stories/caston-snowbird-shred-behind-the-shoot/

Quote: "The concept was to only shoot on the frontside of Caston's home resort, Snowbird, UT -- to create a captivating look at a very relatable ski experience to the everyday skier."

The snow was indeed relatable; not untracked powder, not out of bounds.
The skier's skills are a bit above those of the everyday skier (and mine).
I'll never reach those speeds nor take that amount of air.
But ... I could imagine myself skiing some of that terrain (never been to Snowbird),
and I suspect many of you have done that kind of terrain.

I guess that counts as relatable.
I have skied much of that terrain, but not all of it. Now I want to go back to Snowbird and hit some more of those interesting spots.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I like the end where he's hauling ass in those open bowls. Sweet Jesus.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marcus was one of the coaches at the February Str8line Adventures camp at Snowbird this year, so I got to ski with him for a couple of half days.

He's a very good coach, and clearly he can absolutely rip. It's humbling to ski something challenging, feel like you've skied it well, and then see someone ski it like he does.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marcus was one of the coaches at the February Str8line Adventures camp at Snowbird this year, so I got to ski with him for a couple of half days.

He's a very good coach, and clearly he can absolutely rip. It's humbling to ski something challenging, feel like you've skied it well, and then see someone ski it like he does.
I was thinking, "I'd like to ski all of that, but I'd have to cherry pick some lines"
Marcus is dynamic in every move!!

Sponsor

Staff online