• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well having to play Geno Smith at QB has the chance of making any team "that bad". But yeah, the Seahawks aren't very good this season either. And are in an even tougher division than the Steelers, maybe.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well having to play Geno Smith at QB has the chance of making any team "that bad". But yeah, the Seahawks aren't very good this season either. And are in an even tougher division than the Steelers, maybe.
Lol! Hadn’t heard he was still in the league. He was going to save the Jets. Someday, when it all came together.

Can someone explain to me why Russel Wilson is taking the coin toss in street clothes???
Because if he’s dressed, even injured, then Gino Smith is not playing?

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Well, Alex Highsmith had a couple of them too I think.
Heyward and rookie 7th round pick Norwood had key plays too. Fitzpatrick and Bush (10th pick in the first round) are underperforming although Bush did recover Watt's strip fumble and began to run the wrong way. Najee Harris got most of his yards on the ground after contact near the line of scrimmage, in other words, he has very little help from the o-line. Most of Ben's passes are of the 3 to -2 yard variety.
Not really, but during baseball breaks.
I was wondering if the Seahawks were really that bad.
Let's see, Seatle played with a back-up QB, worst D in the league, average o-line, and was down 14 at halftime but scored on 3 consecutive drives to open the second half then held the Steelers to a field goal all the while a Seatle back-up gouged the Steelers D for 101 yards. Seatle tied the game with a field goal in the closing seconds of regulation. The Steelers made the Seahawks look good in defeat.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wilson is out for a few weeks after having finger surgery on his throwing hand. Seattle was playing their third string running back. Their defense was lightyears better yesterday than they've been all season. So, either the Steelers really suck that badly with the exception of Mr. Watt, or the Seahawks defense is starting to figure things out. The game most likely would have had a different outcome with Russ at QB. Geno couldn't generate much of anything and barely found the top two receivers, Lockett and Metcalf. Two mediocre teams made for a fairly entertaining second half. Seattle by far plays in the tougher division with Arizona and the Rams.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
He's not playing though..like..get off the field! I don't get it. Is this Russell being hero-dude?
It's up to the team... the rule is:

NFL rule book (4-2-2, that's rule 4, section 2, article 2): “the Referee, in the presence of both team’s captains (limit of six per team, active, inactive or honorary) shall toss a coin at the center of the field”.

So it can be just about anyone out there for the coin toss.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
1635724881527.png

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Uncle Louie and I went to Sunday's game against the Ravens. A very satisfying W. It may be the last one of the season, maybe we have a shot against the Vikings, but the rest of the season looks pretty tough. The team's pretty beat up but there's still some signs of life there. Be nice to see some strong finishes for what's likely to be Ben's final season.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Steeler fans have been skeptical of the team's chances this season. Even OP @Erik Timmerman hasn't checked in this year. I haven't had the heart to continue to harp on the team's troubles. Injuries show how deep your team is and that has proved thin. The Steelers are still very much in the hunt because of the wreck that is the AFC.

The bright spots are few but TJ Watt is a future hall of famer and even now ranks among the all-time best defense player like Joe Green, Jack Lambert, James Harrison, and Troy Polamalu. Add Cam Heyward to that list. Donta Johnson is emerging as a real star wideout. There's a lot of holes to fill in the off-season. If it all goes to hell will Tomlin keep his job? Will Rudolph be a serviceable replacement for Ben? Will Najee get some blocking he deserves? Will Devin Bush become the 10th best player taken from his draft class? Always more questions than answers. Here's hoping Ben can keep the offense moving and the D continues to play physically and Watt stays healthy. If he does and they all do then we could see some post-season action.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If it all goes to hell will Tomlin keep his job? Will Rudolph be a serviceable replacement for Ben? Will Najee get some blocking he deserves? Will Devin Bush become the 10th best player taken from his draft class?

If it all goes to hell will Tomlin keep his job?

Yes

Will Rudolph be a serviceable replacement for Ben?

No

Will Najee get some blocking he deserves?

Yes

Will Devin Bush become the 10th best player taken from his draft class?

No

Just my guesses, though I'm pretty darn sure about the second one....

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tomlin definitely keeps his job assuming he wants it. The Steelers 1st priority is a QB with an O line a close second. They need to get a solid veteran QB for the short term and draft a young QB to bring along. I love Mason and know his family from there time here, bit he clearly isn’t the answer. I’d get rid of Haskins. I’d love to see them get Pickett from Pitt but no way that happens. I see him as the 1st QB drafted this year.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Earlier this season when Tomlin was being suggested as a possible candidate for the USC (?) job, I had a glimmer of hope that he'd leave, but sadly he nixed that idea. Then again, why would you leave job security for a job where you'd have to eventually produce results?

The worst thing the Steelers could do is accidentally get into the playoffs and thereby convince the Rooneys that (a) Tomlin can coach and (b) this team is close to being a contender.

Sponsor

Staff online