• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo, maybe I missed it, but did you tell us about your avatar?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo, maybe I missed it, but did you tell us about your avatar?

Reactions: Tex

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I took this picture in April 2011. It's Tuckerman Ravine.

I hiked up with a fellow ski club member. He was 70 years old (I was 61), and wanted to relive the experience he had had when he hiked up there as a young man. He wanted to go up again before he got too old to handle the hike, and he needed a companion, as did I. The hike up to the floor of the bowl is 2.9 miles along a well-traveled trail. Once we got up there, he stayed at the bottom of the bowl watching the skiers while I boot-packed up the right side, in that line of climbers. I stepped out and skied down somewhere before the very top. I will always wish I'd climbed higher.

There was so much snow that April that after that we were able to ski on the Sherburne Trail all the way back down to the parked cars. What a wonderful day.

1621296220986.png

Here's an image of the boot-packers. It got steep as a ladder as we got higher.
1621296174641.png

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I took this picture in April 2011. It's Tuckerman Ravine.

I hiked up with a fellow ski club member. He was 70 years old, and wanted to relive the experience he had had when he hiked up there as a young man. He wanted to go before he got too old to handle the hike, and he needed a companion, as did I. The hike up to the floor of the bowl is 2.9 miles. Once we got there, he stayed watching the skiers while I boot-packed up the right side in that line of climbers. I stepped out and skied down somewhere before the very top. I will always wish I'd climbed higher.

There was so much snow that April that we were able to ski on the Sherburne Trail all the way back down to the parked cars. What a wonderful day.

View attachment 134006

Here's an image of the boot-packers. It got steep as a ladder as we got higher.
View attachment 134005
That is so cool, Tuckermans was on my bucket list, but I gave up on it a few years ago.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My current avatar is me going off a small cornice at the Jackson Hole headwall during a Gathering, with @Near Nyquist following.

Reactions: Tex

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
This was from my one and only trip to telluride. There were plenty more pics with more majestic and prettier background but something about this I happened to like. Perhaps it was a good display of the east coast-ish type of conditions that hit home for me IDK...lol
1621741628294.png

Claymore76

Need for Speed
Skier
This is a sign that my daughter (who couldn't read at the time) "tucked" into. Backside over teakettle, a small yardsale ensues. Tears are being shed until she realizes that the people in the nearby liftline are cheering for her (once they realized she was all right). The day ended on a high note with a free hot chocolate coupon from a nearby Mountain Ambassador. Good times!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just started mountain biking a few weeks ago. Digging it. @Tricia got a good shot of me on one of the Drop Zone features at our local park.

Racetiger

Getting on the lift
Skier
R is the 18th letter in the English alphabet and is used 7.5809% of the time in English.

The letter R came from the Phoenician letter rosh. The word rosh meant head and the letter resembles a neck and head. ... When the letter entered the Greek alphabet, the Greeks turned the letter around and added the short leg to the side. They called this letter rho.

The descending stroke of the Latin letter R was fully developed by the 3rd century BC, as seen in the Tomb of the Scipios sarcophagus inscriptions of that era. From around 50 AD, the letter P would be written with its loop fully closed, assuming the shape formerly taken by R.

The letter R has an energy that stands for being realistic, tolerant, efficient, self-determined and compassionate. It also represents being humanitarian. People who have R as the first letter in their name have a steady temper and are stable.

It is also true about skis if you are seeking something steady and stable such as an RS model.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
R is the 18th letter in the English alphabet and is used 7.5809% of the time in English.

The letter R came from the Phoenician letter rosh. The word rosh meant head and the letter resembles a neck and head. ... When the letter entered the Greek alphabet, the Greeks turned the letter around and added the short leg to the side. They called this letter rho.

The descending stroke of the Latin letter R was fully developed by the 3rd century BC, as seen in the Tomb of the Scipios sarcophagus inscriptions of that era. From around 50 AD, the letter P would be written with its loop fully closed, assuming the shape formerly taken by R.

The letter R has an energy that stands for being realistic, tolerant, efficient, self-determined and compassionate. It also represents being humanitarian. People who have R as the first letter in their name have a steady temper and are stable.

It is also true about skis if you are seeking something steady and stable such as an RS model.
LOL. That kinda cracked me up.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
:roflmao:

But then the R in Reisen stands for Giant, as in the Giants that built Valhalla for Odin. There was a steady and stable Giant who tries to be most of those tolerant, efficient, realistic things, but his brother Fafner will have none of it and tells him off for trying. And Fafner proceeds to covet the R-for Rheingold, killing his brother before the end of the scene. Moral to story: steady and stable, with the more melodious voice, gets killed around Rs. And it was set to music by Richard Wagner, so you know he knows what he's talking about.

So. Yeah. Keep a close and wary eye on your brother around those RS skis.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine is of me going off a small cornice at ABasin. I was trying to catch air, but used my arms instead of my feet to push off :rolleyes: I’ll call it the cheerleader move.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mine is of me going off a small cornice at ABasin. I was trying to catch air, but used my arms instead of my feet to push off :rolleyes: I’ll call it the cheerleader move.
Does that make you a Whoooo! girl?

Sponsor

Staff online