• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cancer caught up with our 10-11 year old pit bull rescue over the summer so we adopted another rescue a person on Nextdoor could no longer care for. Lucy's the smaller LOUDER version of the last dog guarding us.. She's a little more needy but adorable.. I just have to remember to close the door during conference calls. She is very protective!
Lucy 1.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cancer caught up with our 10-11 year old pit bull rescue over the summer so we adopted another rescue a person on Nextdoor could no longer care for. Lucy's the smaller LOUDER version of the last dog guarding us.. She's a little more needy but adorable.. I just have to remember to close the door during conference calls. She is very protective!
View attachment 148013

Awww, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Lucy might settle some with time. We use a rule of 3s with 3 days/3 weeks/3 months in the rescue world but tomorrow will be 1 year since Ginsburg came to me and she is still showing new behaviors sometimes.

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
Oh, she looks so much like my grand-doggie, Bella!

A lab mutt, in case it isn’t obvious.

We lost Bella to cancer this summer, but celebrate her delight in a visit to Vermont two years ago! She was hobbled after ACL surgery but two weeks in Vermont off of a leash left her in great shape!
View attachment 148002 View attachment 148003
There's nothing like a lab mix! Just looking at that face makes my heart leap. She looks like a great dog, who lived a great life, full of love. Thanks for sharing.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
There's nothing like a lab mix! Just looking at that face makes my heart leap. She looks like a great dog, who lived a great life, full of love. Thanks for sharing.
Ahh, the look on her face. It represents sincerity, and love. Not intelligence, despite appearances. She was more often seen giving the side eye while appearing to look the other way.

Despite some oddness, she was adored by many and beloved by her family.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today I took my daughter's Huski back home, he's been with us for 2+ months.

Our 2 male basenjis were a bit snarky with him of late, but suddenly missed him. This over an hour after leaving.

Attachments

• Resized_20211114_123149.jpg
    Resized_20211114_123149.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 17

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Took my daughter's huski back after caring for him the last 2+ months.

Our two male basenjis suddenly missed him after being snarky with him the last two weeks.

Sent this pic, over an hour waiting for him to come back.

Resized_20211114_123149.jpg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jack just got back from the groomers. Getting ready for his 16th birthday "party" tomorrow:P!
20211122_103107.jpg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
20211123_161906.jpg

Happy 16th, Jack! With his coloring, his muzzle doesn't have that characteristic old dog look. When heb was younger, he had the red, seen at his ears, as his top coat and all over his face. Now he is an old man who spends his days finding napping spots.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a sweet boy who has quite the history on him. He was found in Oklahoma and slipped away and turned up 20 miles from where first found this last spring. He's blind and nearly deaf, had heartworms and other medical issues.

He went to his forever home today, wishing him the best as his transport was nearly 1000 miles. He was a bit stressed tonight per his adopter but did finally eat some food.

Attachments

• 20211211_123148.jpg
    20211211_123148.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 16

Sponsor

Staff online