• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
'Tis the season. Took these earlier this year (late March) before the puppy grew out of the hat. He still sits funny.

View attachment 152136

I just look back at these pic's and think to condemn your actions.

But I think I'm gonna get out some wardrobe for my pooches .... what a look on his face and meme worthy pic ogsmile

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rescue Hazel 5 months with us and now we have a huge park 3 minutes from new home. Filled with Ducks and Canadian Geese hanging out all winter here.

Canada geese. Everyone likes to call them Canadian Geese, but they are called Canada geese. Sorry I'm a waterfowl hunter, I got to call these things out. They could be Canadian, you would have to check their passport. :ogbiggrin:

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Canada geese. Everyone likes to call them Canadian Geese, but they are called Canada geese. Sorry I'm a waterfowl hunter, I got to call these things out. They could be Canadian, you would have to check their passport. :ogbiggrin:

Checked their passports and they also have covid vacs! They are now learning Texas road rules :)
20211225_083447.jpg

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We don’t want them back! We refer to them as cobra chickens. The nastiest, most aggressive birds ever.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We don’t want them back! We refer to them as cobra chickens. The nastiest, most aggressive birds ever.
Yeah, they're protected, good help you if you harm one defending yourself, kids or pets. Even worse, they decide your front entrance is their new home.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't shoot them any more because they do not taste good, plus my dog does not like fetching them. But they do make a really big splash when they hit the water. :ogbiggrin:

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
they do not taste good,
Interesting; within the last year or two, the Colorado Division of Wildlife, or some other genius govt branch, came up with the idea of thinning some of the goose gaggles infesting local parks in the Denver area by shooting them and feeding them to those suffering "food insecurity" in the area.
Not sure it went over very well, and PETA certainly had a collective stroke.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting; within the last year or two, the Colorado Division of Wildlife, or some other genius govt branch, came up with the idea of thinning some of the goose gaggles infesting local parks in the Denver area by shooting them and feeding them to those suffering "food insecurity" in the area.
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I said they do not taste good, not good word choice, really they are just tough, not a tender meat. To make them tender, you have to cook them down in a crock pot or something to make them tender. Which is not how I like to cook waterfowl, I like to cook them like a steak, med to med-rare, salt and pepper. Last Canadas I shot, my son cooked them in a crock pot, mexican spice, we had Canada goose tacos, they were great. The Cajuns will cook them down gumbo style, and they will throw nasty tasting ducks in there, maybe a possum too.. :roflmao:

Still, my dog Tara does not like them, so I let them pass...We both like mallards, the king duck.

Capture.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
New Jersey has had large flocks of these CG and I have wondered why they didn't harvest them to feed the hungry. It seems they can get government food cheaper than what it cost to harvest and clean the CG.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Tex-thanks for short-circuiting my contribution to thread drift! This thread is about dogs, of which I have 3 - all labs including a chocolate who could stand in for Tara (at least in pictures, but not in hunting/retrieving skills).

Reactions: Tex

Sponsor

Staff online