• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
He’s pretty majestic looking.
I'm stunned that we are Nuki's fourth home. (He's only 2 years 8 months old.) How could someone give up this sweet, sweet, guy? Yeah, he's a handful too, but smart as a whip. Which is why he's a handful. Extremely agile, fast, is as quiet as a ninja when he's up to something, very affectionate, and a quick learner. Unfortunately not very food motivated, so it's tough to reward him. (I'm not a clicker type.) Loves overturning things just like cats do. Opens drawers. Is close to figuring out doors. (Apparently opened sliding doors in his old house AND the refrigerator.) A counter surfer. Has figured out a bunch of new "keywords" and learned to lead us in different directions telling us what he wants. But because of his ninja qualities needs a minder around who is actually paying some attention. He's been here exactly 2 months and my husband, who only allowed me to get the dog to keep the peace (I missed Qimmiq, the last one who died, so much), is enamored.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Going through some photos from a couple weekend ago...Realizing Rendl has pretty much taken over my SDCard at this point...

DSC_1287 (1).JPG
DSC_1409.JPG
DSC_1422.JPG
DSC_1285.JPG
DSC_1401.JPG

JeffB

ODAT
Skier

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Sibhusky Nuki is beautiful! It does make you wonder what goes through some peoples heads, 4 homes in less than 3 years :nono:. It has to mess with a dogs' head.
20200812_173328.jpg

We got our little guy Max about 4 years ago, a little Maltese cross, to be our big dog Daisy's buddy when we lost Rocky the One Eyed Wonder Cat. After some accidental research, we discovered the boy had been in 3 different shelters and we were his 5th home (at a minimum). The issues it has caused this poor little soul manifest themselves regularly. He is not the brightest bulb on the string, but what a kind heart. Don't understand how people can do that to a companion, and really don't even choose to. He is about 13 now and still morning the passing of Daisy, but another dog has not adopted us yet, we keep hoping.
(Sorry for the ramble, we are talking dogs and just can't help myself.)
Bottom line, don't get a dog if you aren't in it for the long haul. We are their world and it just is not right to cause that kind of pain and confusion to our species oldest friend. Things can happen in our lives but please find them a new home, not the pound.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
The lady we got him from also breeds Airedale. We had an Airedale named Bubba, who we got from her. He left us about 5 years ago and was the best natured pup we ever had. So we decided to go back and get one of her Welchie's. He is just a fantastic little guy. Great temperament and manners. A fantastic dog. However I might be biased.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm stunned that we are Nuki's fourth home. (He's only 2 years 8 months old.) How could someone give up this sweet, sweet, guy? Yeah, he's a handful too, but smart as a whip. Which is why he's a handful. Extremely agile, fast, is as quiet as a ninja when he's up to something, very affectionate, and a quick learner. Unfortunately not very food motivated, so it's tough to reward him. (I'm not a clicker type.) Loves overturning things just like cats do. Opens drawers. Is close to figuring out doors. (Apparently opened sliding doors in his old house AND the refrigerator.) A counter surfer. Has figured out a bunch of new "keywords" and learned to lead us in different directions telling us what he wants. But because of his ninja qualities needs a minder around who is actually paying some attention. He's been here exactly 2 months and my husband, who only allowed me to get the dog to keep the peace (I missed Qimmiq, the last one who died, so much), is enamored.
Sounds like you have to be on your game with him the whole time! He must have just worn out the other families, in order to get to you.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. And LOL on the possible deposit. Condolences on your upcoming marital breakdown.
I don’t think it will progress much past some aggressive eye rolling and head shakes. The 5 year old Golden came home at 9 weeks without previous warning. Anyway, I guess we’ll find out the hard way at some point.

Sponsor

Staff online